Thursday, February 1, 2007

Park Day!

We made it to park day. But did you really think we wouldn't?
The desserts were fabulous. I was so stuffed after the apple pie thing, the cookies that looked like there was apple in, the peanut butter bar and the small slice of carrot cake that I didn't get to sample anything else. But I got the recipies for sure!!!!!


I BROUGHT my stuff, but it was breezy and stuff was flying all over, that I didn't bother to bring them out. Next week for sure.
My friend didn't come - her son got sick and her baby was starting up with a cold. Better to have them indoors instead of out running around, I always say.
The turnout was great, but I found myself getting irritated by one lady in particular. Some people you can only take so much of, and then you are looking around to see if you can excuse yourself. Don't worry, I know people probably do that when talking to me too. Some people just don't click. I got lucky though - she left. Another mom chided me for not telling this lady off. I don't know - I just like to keep the peace as best as I can.

So the decision has been made - LegoQueen's party will be on the 16th, and Lego Club will be at my house. I just read that the Valentine's Day exchange is going to be next week, so I asked the woman in charge if that really meant the 8th - not the 15th. We'll see. It probably does.

My mom called today. The three bullet points I got out of the 25 minute conversation:

* My cousin is 5 months pregnant (this I knew) her boyfriend doesn't have a job, nor is he the type to go look for one. I told my mom that she should let my cousin know that having sex with the mentally handicapped is WRONG. So is sex with obviously ugly people who don't have any personality. This guy is awful, and now my cousin is forever bound to him with this child. Hopefully she will drop this guy like a hot potato and RUN for her life!

* My mom has named me the primary beneficiary for her new life insurance policy. All I can say is WOW. Who would have thought that my mother is intelligent enough and courteous enough to get a policy to cover her burial expenses and not just assume that I will take care of it. So we talked about her final wishes for a bit.

* My mom wants to take the kids to Chuck E Cheese's for LegoQueen's birthday. Hmmm... I smell something fishy. My parents haven't seen my kids in over a year.


I think that is it for tonight, off to rest up for LegoClub tomorrow!

No comments: