Thursday, February 8, 2007

Pink is just not me....

I'll have to change my template, because this is just killing me. Not tonight, though - too tired.

I should have know that today would not be a stellar day. When one drinks about a gallon of water before bed, and then wakes up this morning and pees hardly anything, it's not good. not to mention the amazing 3 pound gain over night. *sigh* Yes, IT is coming.
Today was our Valentines day gathering at the park. I got up, and after seeing that lovely number on the scale, I hardly felt like doing an upper body strength workout. I forced myself to jog though. I had to do some thing.
I ran to the store to get cupcake papers for my dessert, and I came back and whipped those up. While they baked, I sent the kids upstairs to do a once over on their rooms and I cleaned up the kitchen. I was SO weepy - I spilled cleaner on my sweats and just about cried my eyes out.
I packed the car full - taking care to remember the bags that the kids decorated to hold their received Valentines and the give-away's I had. Halfway to the park, LegoQueen asked if I remembered the Valentines that I had her place on my desk in three neat piles. ACK! NO! I was so mad at myself. I looked to turn around, but traffic was SO bad going the other way. LegoQueen tod me that it would be fine - we could bring them next week. But I knew it WASN'T going to be fine, because I had already received the email lecture about how you shouldn't eat from the dessert table if you did bring anything to share, and you shouldn't collect valentines if you didn't bring any. So NO, it wasn't going to be okay. I started crying in the car (thankfully the girls were in the back and I was wearing sunglasses) until I realized that I should go to find some quick replacements.
I was able to find some replacements, thankfully. I arrived at the park stressed out because we were late, and I once I stopped the car, the kids went flying out to meet their friends. I grabbed my cupcakes (which, I ended up getting frosting on my seat, so out came the frustrated sniffles) and went to put those out. My friend Caryn was already there, and was glad to see me. I guess someone "scolded" her for bringing a non-dessert item. Well people, cut her a god-damn break! She's not on the email list yet, she got her info from me, and even *I* didn't know that it was a desert only item until yesterday! She told the person that I hadn't specified a dessert item, and then asked me if I was gonna get in trouble. That totally made me laugh. Of course not.
I told her how my morning started and she offered to come out to the car and help me get all my stuff out. I told her it would really help me out if she would watch my kids while I made trips back and forth. To repay her, I let her sit in my extra chair (lol, no really - I brought it for her because she hasn't gotten one yet)

I did manage to take a few pictures of the event, and soem of the kids that I borrowed posed well for me. I have figured out my problem with this lens, and I realize now that I will have to stand back further and crop in Photoshop in order to get around the distortion of the lens.

It took me a while to get settled, but by the time that happened it was 2:30 and people were starting to leave. We stayed until 3:30 and it just got too cold, so us and 4 other families made a mass exodus to the parking lot.
I now am planning on an extra 4 kids and 2 parents for LegoQueen's party. If you want to know the story behind that one, you'll have to ask me privately. My Hongo is NOT going to be a happy camper.

Speaking of my Hongo, he came home from work with back pain. Limping around like an old guy. Of course I feel sorry for him, and what is the best way for a woman to make her man feel better???






You got it - I feed him. Feed him all the treats and snacks that he's not supposed to have because he's on a diet. While he indulges, I keep myself on the computer, trying not to look at him.

Tomorrow is LegoClub, and I am hoping to feel better. I may have to run to the store andtry some Midol, unless I can find some kind of herbal remedy to fend off weepiness.

No comments: