Saturday, February 10, 2007

Saturday (6moredays)

First off, my painting is going well. I probably won't finish it all by Friday, but I will probably only have one room left. I have only one can of paint left, so I need to go get more. I'm not sure when I will get back out to Lowes.

I let everyone sleep in today. I got up at 7, and at 8 I started taping off areas and painting edges. My Hongo got up and worked out in the garage. Funny - I didn't know anyone was going to be hanging out in our garage, but oh well. It looks nice in there. He put out a car seat and the old lawnmower with a "free" sign, and they were gone in like 20 minutes.
I painted our entrance room, the front room, and the dining room. Wow, I had forgotten how high those ceiling are. Tomorrow I have to haul out the gigantic paint pole and a ladder to finish up there.

My ILs called and said they were going to come over and bring the pinata so that I could have it for the party. Um, why not bring it when they come to the party? Because they are NOT coming to the party. My FIL has to serve a search warrant or something like that. Oh, and they would be bringing lunch with them.....at 2:30.
I am totally kicking myself, because I believed them. They didn't get here until about 3:30. We were starving. I should have fixed us a snack like I told my Hongo I was going to.
They brought the pinata. Its a Yu-Gi-Oh! pinata. My MIL brought a whole bunch of candy and toys to fill it with. That bad boy is totally stuffed and sitting on top of my fireplace. The kids helped her fill it, and then shook it up and down so that the stuff would settle, and then they filled it some more. The ILs also brought a helium tank (ballooons! Yay!) and some snack bags for the party. She wanted to put them IN the pinata, and I told her no - I would set them out and the kids could take one to eat with their pizza.

So what my ILs lack in being there for the kids in physical form, they try to make up for it with shelling out the $$$ for a great party. They ARE going to come Saturday and have lunch with us, though - so I really shouldn't complain. They are way better than my parents. And even though I would have liked the extra 2 pairs of eyes to watch the kids, I will now have my Hongo there. He was originally going to take a half day, and come for the party but with this new turn of events, he is going to be home all day to help me get the stuff ready.

Only six more days.

We went to Target tonight - I wanted new light switch covers because I am lazy and I tend to paint on the current ones, but Target didn' have the style I wanted. Lowes doesn't either. I will probably check the stores down the hill when we are there Monday. I bought Drama Queen 2 new pairs of jeans (which she loves, and I loved the price) and I got some zinc for myself.

Funny story:

DramaQueen has driving Barbie around in the Barbie car. She makes a tire sqealing noise and says in a high -pitched voice: "Oh no! I passed by Target! I better turn around!"

That's my girl!

And the final thought of this entry.....
I can't believe my daughter is turning 11. 1996 doesn't seem so far away. Sitting in my hospital room, laboring.....crying.....repeating the phrase "I can't do this." over and over again. And my MIL holding my hand and telling me, "Yes you can, you really can."
No drugs....swearing to God that I will never have sex again as long as I lived.....the non-chalant dr who came in and delivered her easy and then gave me my one single stitch.....the first cry of my beautiful baby girl with all that thick dark hair....my husband got to hold her first and he carried her to the doorway where his parents were waiting outside....then his flat voice, and him handing her back to the nurse, saying "She peed on me."
That day, she made her mark.

No comments: