Friday, February 9, 2007

TGIF!

Yes, I'm really glad too. Three days of an extra pair of hands around here. I shall treasure it.

Today was Lego Club. Our morning started out great - I got a good workout in, and the kids were dressed and ready for our errand to Lowes for more paint. We were planning on going to Target in AV when we were on our way to Lego Club so that LegoQueen could have some thick stockings to wear with her skirt. Drama Queen owns several pairs, and they are working really well.
Well, I had the kids clean up out back (party prep, IMO) and then with 1/2 to go I told LegoQueen to find her new shoes. She couldn't find them. It was a mess - I turned the house upside down, literally. I was SO pissed off that this always seems to happen at the worst possible times. And then I opened her closet and saw all the clothes hanging out - especially the fresh laundry that I told her to put away was hanging out on a drawer. So I emptied out every single drawer onto the floor and demanded that she utilize her hangers, toss stuff that doesn't fit into the giveaway pile, and make sure those drawers CLOSE!
I got to Lego Club angry, partly because of the shoes and the clothes, and then partly because of something that happened at park yesterday. Even though I was late (by 5 minutes) I was the first person there, so I got to sit and speak with the hostess privately about some things. I did feel immensely better by the time the other guests began to arrive. I even forgave myself for not bringing my newest knitting project and the hat that I need help on.
I had to leave early, because my Hongo came home early and wanted to go out for dinner. Score for me, because in my haste and anger this morning, I had forgotten to take out anything for dinner (again)
We did go out to dinner - we wanted Olive Garden, but settled for AppleBees. After dinner we checked to see if there were any Wii's (because now all of a sudden there are cool games)
My Hongo asked if there was anywhere I needed and wanted to go. Even though I could think of a million things, I told him no. Because what I REALLY needed tonight was a hug and to just slow down. SO that is what we did. I've had my bath, I'm in my super comfy pjs. I got an email from my friend B extending an offer of help, and I may have to pick her brain in the coming week about entertaining.
Only 7 more days until the party.

No comments: