Sunday, February 4, 2007

Saturday!!!

We were supposed to be painting, right? Well, it didn't turn out that way. We ended up driving down the hill to look at more furniture for the kids. We went to IKEA, and I bought more kitchen stuff to fill my drawers with. Would you beleive it? I bought an apple corer. WHo would have thought? 28 years and never had one. But my kids are eating more apples and its such a pain to go and cut each one carefully. I used it last night and I turned out three cut up apples in no time.
We went to the mall - looking for new jeans for my Hongo. His are "too faded" But just his luck, the style that he wears they don't make anymore. It never fails, he picks a line and they discontinue it. He did get a new belt, though - somthing that he desperatly needed because with all the weight he is losing the pants are too big.
We also stopped at JCPenney to get Lego Queen some new pants. I scoured the clearance rack for her jeans and I found two pairs of the exact ones she has now and made her go try them on. I also found a really cute denim skirt that went to just above her knees. Turns out the pants weren't on clearanc, but they were on sale, so the pants and the skirt cost me $24 dollars! That's great, considering the pants alone were regularly priced at 29.99.
SO now all Lego Queen needs is some nice socks and shoes that are suitable for wearing with skirts and she'll be all set.
Drama Queen needs pants too, but they didn't have any on clearance, and the ones that My Hongo picke out for her were $20. Maybe if she were a sedentary child who sat and didn't get dirty, I would buy them. But this little girl has gone through 4 pairs this season, and they all were ripped in the knees. So she gets cheap pants, lol.

We came back up the hill for dinner. We were all starving, so we went to Johnny Carino's, probably THE best bet for not having to wait. We were seated right away, but it was not a pleasurable expeerience. Our waiter reminded me of Kevin Federline - both in appearance and attitude. We were unfortunate to be seated right next to "The Moron Who Would NOT Shut Up" This guy had an opinion and a solution for everything. Some of the things he said :

"Fat people need to lose weight. The only way they can accomplish this is by not putting junk in the Lord's Temple. The Lord doesn't want a supersized temple."

"Schools should teach what the parents want them to teach - that way the parents can't complain about their kids not doing well in school" (I snorted and started coughing when I heard that one)

"Those Iraqis are not playing war according to the rules. They are underhanded and sneaky. The U.S. should go in and arrest all of them until peace is restored. That should only take about a month."

What was so horrible is that not only was he talking so loud that the entire restaurant could hear him, everytime he said something that everyone at the table thought was "funny" the males would pound their fists on the table and shake in their seats. As my seat vibrated, I truly beleived that men evolved from apes and these fellows hadn't evolved all the way.
So between my freakish waiter, and the guy who wouldn't shut it, I just wanted to get out of there. So we did.
My Hongo took me to Joann's to get some more yarn and some needles. I have done the binding off for the hat, but sewing the seams is not working. I think I am doing it wrong, so I am giving it a rest until I can either figure it out, or get some help.
In the meantime, I started a scarf with HomeSpun yarn. That stuff is sooooooo soft. I've gotten about 2 ft done, and I hope to get another 2 ft done today during the SuperBowl. I plan on wearing it to Park Day if its cold.

No comments: