Friday, February 2, 2007

oooooh 13 posts......

well, here's number 14.

Today was LegoClub. We stayed a long time, but it was fun. It seemed like the beginning started off kind of rocky - the kids weren't all cooperating with each other. But it seemed to have ironed itself out because the kids were all playing together.

I should have brought Drama Queen's hat with me. I probably would have benefitted from a hands on lesson on how to bind off instead of me ready my book. I want to finish it tonight, but I don't know if I I will even attempt it. When I DO finish it, I plan on taking a picture and posting it to show the world!
Speaking of pictures, one thng i did learn is that it is going to be SUPER EASY for me to share pictures now that I don't have to use photobucket or flickr. I can just pull them up from my computer and post them.
Okay, back to knitting. Since I am almost done with DramaQueens' hat, its time to start thinking about LegoQueen's hat. I wanted to go to Michaels this even and let her pick out some yarn, but my Hongo didn't want to cross over to that side of town. I don't blame him - traffic is terrible on Friday nights. So we'll probably go tomorrow. I also want to go pick up some double pointed needles, because.........
I want to try knitting socks! No, I have not lost my mind - I actually found a tutorial that is geared toward NEW knitters who want to attempt socks. It is here . SoI figure I'll get some cheapy yarn to practice with, and just try to see if I can do it. Because you know what? I want knitted socks. And not only that - I want them made with some cool yarn , like my friend sells. She has a little online shop, and lately she's been adding these really nice colored yarn skeinsthat I look at and say "I wish I could make something out of that yarn." Because its cool. She even custom dyes it. The only reason I haven't bought any is because it would sit in my sewing basket and collect dust. Or my kids would take it and purposely tie knots in it or try to use it as floss.
Anyway, I'm really dying for a pair of knitted socks, as well as a small project that I can just put in a baggie and take in the car. We are going to visit Hongo's grandma down the hill - how nice it would be to knit on the long car trip. Plus instead of just sitting and talking at parkday or Lego Club I could knit, sit, and talk!
So I'm excited, but I just have to make it over to the other side of town so that I can shop. Who's great idea was it to put all the craft stores on that side of the freeway? Or whose dumb idea was it to buy a house on the WRONG side of the freeway?

Okay - enough about my new knitting obsession and onto other things. I talked to my MIL today about the party. She is adamant that she wants to come and meet all of LegoQueens' buddies. So she is trying to make arrangements to be here that day. I am heavily considering making a back-up cake in case she doesn't show. I honestly went out and bought 2 boxes of cake mix and chocolate frosting to have in the pantry.
I also mentioned to my MIL that I was going to take LegoQueen out for her own personal photo shoot to capture her personality on film and celebrate being 11. I'll let her pick an outfit and we'll spend some time just doing candid stuff. She doesn't really like being in front of the camera, so I know that she will need to prodded a little bit to loosen up and look natural. But when we are done,I hope to send out a few collages that the grandparents (and great-grandparents) will enjoy hanging in their homes.

No comments: