Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sunday (5moredays)

I am totally losing track of time. I forgot today was Sunday. No wonder there was no one at Lowe's when I went in at 7 pm.

Today I got up bright and early, determined to finish this painting thing. I started taping off the kitchen and worked on all the space below the cabinets. Hongo got up and started helping me. At around 9 we realized we needed one more can, so before we went any further, we headed out to Lowes. We got our paint and splurged on a new lighting fixture for my kitchen. I think I'm really going to love it once it is up.
The plan was to go grocery shopping since we were out, but we went to Sears instead. We saw a front load washer and dryer closeout that was discounted 47%. WOW. I didn't need a new set, I've had mine about 3-4 years. We went to Farmer Boys to have lunch and mull over the decision.

We decided to do it. Well, Hongo decided to do it. So I called my Ils and asked for help. I went back and bought the set and then we drove home to unload the car.

I painted while I waited, and Hongo cleared out a space for the new combo. The ILs came at around 2 and then didn't leave until 9. What a long day.

It is now all set up and happily washing my clothes. We are completely exhausted, but very pleased with our purchase. The only thing left is to try and sell the old set. I will probably ask $100 for each machine. Not bad, I don't think.

I have TWO walls left to paint, and then a small space in front of the downstairs bathroom. It should not take more than an hour - I plan on firing up my electric paint roller and doing it really quick. The wall is mostly windows, anyway. Then Hongo should have that lighting fixture up and ready to go. I really want to finish before noon so we can take Drama Queen to her appt, but as it stands right now, Hongo thinks we will have to reschedule.

No comments: