Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Yes, its that time again...

The blog entry my hoards of fans have been waiting for....

Oh wait - I just woke up. I have no hoard of fans :P Sorry. Maybe someday, though!

Two stories I want to tell right off the bat, because they crack me up and I keep forgetting to throw them in my blog.

First story:

Drama Queen and Hairy boy are playing house.

DQ: You be the dad, I'll be the mom.
HB: Noooooo! you be the dad! Okay, I'll be the dad, so I can drive the cool car. (hmpf - we'll see if I let him ride around in MY car ever again!)
DQ: Don't come home yet, I haven't cleaned the house.
HB: Give me the baby and we'll drive in my car
DQ: NO! You drive like a crazy guy, you'll crash my baby!
*Tugging war of "baby" ensues*
DQ: Okay, you can come home now, the house is clean and its your turn to take care of the baby. Drive your car into the garage and wash your hands before you kiss me (this is particularly funny, because Hongo always washes his hands when he comes home, and then kisses me. His rule - not mine)
HB: I'm not coming home, I'm going to drive my cool car. RRRRRRRRRRr!

Ahhhhh, if only my Hongo could get away with telling me that, lol!

This second one wasn't necessarily FUNNY, but it makes me laugh at myself because I bawled like a baby because of it.

Drama Queen and Lego Queen have a friend from cheerleading. The same mom that I enticed over to the dark side (aka homeschooling w/o a charter) is this girls mom. We were talking, and I found out that the little girl's 7th birthday was in TWO days. Her mom had already said that she hadn't planned a party (no family except her, her hubby (stepfather) and two siblings and no friends) so they were just going to take the little girl out to eat.
Now I've done that before - we'll have a nice dinner and invite the ILs for some cake and ice cream. But I know LegoQueen has always secretly wanted a party in her heart, and I just couldn't provide it - no one to invite! So that afternoon, I told my girls that Saturday was that girl's birthday and that we would call her Friday before she went to her dad's house to tell her Happy Birthday. My oldest wanted to know if they could go to her party, because after all - it was her birthday. I told them no party, and they were disappointed.
Now this is where I start tearing up.....
The girls got out some cardstock, crayons, spongy stickers, pipe cleaners, etc and started making cards for this little girl. They even talked their little brother into making one as well! They drew pictures and LegoQueen did all the printing. I found some 5x7 envelopes, and I addressed them to the little girl and the kids stuffed their cards inside. DramaQueen's was so thick that it needed an envelope all its own. I made sure they had plenty of postage and we dropped them off before we arrived at LegoClub. The girls were giddy and hoping that the cards would arrive the very next day - Saturday.
Saturday passed, and then Sunday. Then on Monday morning the phone rang, and I was unable to get out of bed in time to answer it. CallerID said it came from that family, and there was a message. I put in the code and all I heard was a shrily voice, half yelling, half crying, saying "Thank you, thank you soooo much! I thank you for these cards!......." and it just went on and on. Tears were streaming down my face, and I felt like such a goof for crying. But my heart swelled with pride.
I let LegoQueen listen that evening, and she beamed.

So now that I need a tissue, I will have to say no to writing about my day. Don't worry - it was super boring, except for the fact that I made my dessert to take to the park tomorrow to share. Yum!





No comments: