Friday, January 19, 2007

Friday's madness

It's Friday night, and I've begun to unwind from today.

I got in trouble with that guy who lives here too (I'll refer to him as Hongo), I didn't tell him that I was having people over. And BOY, did I have people over. 11 kids, and 5 women (that number includes my family) Its not that he objects to the particular guests, he would have just preferred to have known about it in advance. The only reason I didn't tell him is because last time I had them over he freaked out the night before and spent the whole evening tidying up and complaining that he didn'thave time to fix the holes in the wall that he had drilled. It totally stressed me out and I spent the playdate complaining to my friends about him. Not nice.

I fixed pizza for the group. I was kind of nervous, because sometimes my pizza can be really hit or miss as far as the crust goes. It was a bread flour/whole wheat mix, and everyone seemed to enjoy it. No one died or vomited, so I guess it was edible - lol. The other moms pitched in with goodies - cookies, cupcakes, cereal bars and drinks.
Hongo voiced concern that having so many kids and moms over would be terribly expensive, and asked if I spent a lot. I explained to him that I provided the pizzas (which cost me about $5 to make both) and the other moms brought drinks and other snacks. So its really not as bad as it sounds.

Anyhow, the kids had a good time, and I got some adult conversation in. Near the end of the playdate, the little girl behind our house asked if she could come over. I said okay, and so she came over. I really hope it opened her eyes that Legoqueen (my daughter) actually had real friends besides her and that homeschooled kids know how to have a good time. Honestly, I think she was just interested in the boys and wanted to show off to them.

Dinner tonight was salmon for myself and Hongo, and the three kids had some chips and cheese quesadillas. I baked some cookies, and right now they are staring at me, and calling to me. "Eat us Kim....we promise we won't head straight for your thighs...."
Ha! I know better. So I only ate two and the rest of you guys can sit there until tomorrow after I run.

No comments: