Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Relax, Kim....

Yes, I just had to tell myself that a million times in the past five minutes. You know how sometimes when people post stuff, and you can't see their face, so you don't know whether they are being snippy or genuinly helpful? That's me right now.

Today I got up right after my Hongo left. Poor Hayden the dog - when I get up, there is no one on the bed left to lay with, so he wanders around and tries to hop in bed with the kids. I found him in front of Hairy boy's room, whimpering so I went ahead and let him go in there.
I got a lot accomplished today, and to reward myself I went ahead and called my favorite Canadian to see how she was doing and to have a marathon chat. Her adoption baby is due soon, and I am so excited for her! we talked about her sickness, and then she asked me how I was doing. I told her that I felt really good, despite being really busy. I don't feel so overwhelmed anymore - kind of like I feel that I have a handle on my life right now.

My hat is going well, I did 4 rows this morning while I was on the phone. The best part is that I am still excited about knitting it. I think maybe that is why I never finish anything - it takes me so long that I just get bored with it. I told Legoqueen that I found out the self-striping yarn would work, so I could make her funky hat after I was done with this one.

My exercise is going well too. I attribute my good attitude to consistently working out lately. I get up in the morning and after breakfast I just start walking. I can think about so much while I walk and I remember back when legoqueen was about 2 years old I would run on the treadmill for an hour every night just to clear my head from work and yucky stuff.
During the spring, I like to take the kids to the park by our house and I walk around the playground while they play. Once the hour is up, we go back home. Winter is a different story because its so cold. Frankly, for the past two weekends, my golden retriever has not been happy to go out for walks with me. Once around the block, and she wants to get back in the house where it is warm, lol.

Look at me - rambling again...

I baked banana muffins today - looking for something different to eat in the morning. Apples are getting boring.
I think that's enough journaling for tonight. Tomorrow is park and I am looking forward to it
;D

No comments: