Saturday, January 20, 2007

A day of change....

Change invokes different emotions in me. Sometimes its fun - like painting a drab room a really hot new color. Sometimes it sad - giving up something you really like in favor of something more "practical". And sometimes it's just plain annoying and exhausting. Like when your husband announces he wants to change the kids'rooms around for like the millionth time!

Well, all three kinds of those changes happened today. We spent our afternoon at the local dealership trading in our sports cars for a gas efficient, 5 people seating, cheap car. I wanted to cry. I really liked the Mustang, it was awesome. But sometimes life doesn't work out perfect and you do what ya gotta do. For us, it was getting rid of something that was not practical for our lives right now. Maybe our paths (us and the new model Ford Mustang) will cross again in the near future. The good news is that I am keeping my Expedition - they will have to pry the keys from my cold dead hand unless I give them up voluntarily.
*sigh*
To drown our sorrows, we went to Johnny Carino's for dinner, and I didn't even put up a fuss when my hongo ordered an expensive steak.

So now that I am done moping for my car, on to the next change. Knowing now that we have about 3 WEEKS until Legoqueens's birthday party to get the house projects finished, we headed back to Lowes to look at some paint. The kids' rooms and the main living spaces have to be repainted, or no party. So I know I have approx 3 weekends (5 more days) to finish these paint projects. How am I going to do it? I don't know, because I just finished one bedroom tonight and I don't want to look at another paint can or roller.

So my Hongo decides that he wants to move the kids BACK to their own rooms, but we are going to give Legoqueen the #2 room because it has the TV in it. Then we'll give the hairy boy the giant room, because he gets all the hand me down toys that no one wants (stinks to be the 3rd in line, lol) Drama queen (my younger daughter) will get to stay in her own room, which just plain upsets her because she DOESN'T want her own room. She wants to be with someone.

I decided on a nice grey blue for Hairy's room. SO I spent this evening painting it before my Hongo moved the furniture in. I figured that purple and princesses was not suitable for my son, lol. It came out really nice - I'll have to take a picture of it once all the areas dry.

So my day started out sad, then fun, and then it ended annoying and exhausting. I have to get some kind of routine going to keep those toys in line. I KNOW they all have homes, yet when they are piled into the toyboxes and are overflowing, it looks BAD.

No comments: