Monday, January 29, 2007

I made an appt to see my dr.

I slept for 10 hours last night. I got up at 7, and scared myself when I looked in the mirror. I looked like I hadn't slept in DAYS. I felt refreshed, but my face was telling a different story. So i put some eye cream on and moisturizer and after a while I looked less scary, lol.
I threw some items in a pot to make soup. If I'm going to trust LegoQueen to serve me lunch, I don't want to eat a hot dog or a slice of lunchmeat with a side of chips. I wanted soup.
I took it easy, but at 9 am I was exhausted again! So ridiculous. I felt like this is something I need to bring up to the dr, because it feels so unusual. I have had NOTHING BUT a steady stream of energy ever since I started working out, and eating well. I called and made my appt for wed 10 am. So nothing to do now but sit and wait. I got out a notebook to journal my activities, meals, and how I felt.
I was given strict instruction by my Hongo to not cook, clean, exercise, use the computer, drive, go outside, blow my nose, etc (okay that last one was just sarcastic) SO yeah, just lay around like a vegetable is basically what he wanted. I should drool to complete the effect.

I talked to him after I made the appt. I told him that I really felt like I should get up and walk for a little bit to get the blood flowing in my body. He reluctantly agreed, and told me I had consent to use the computer to plug my symptoms into WebMD and see what this could be.

BAD MISTAKE

I found 4 items, and after looking at them, I noticed that I had quite a few symptoms of one in particular, and to top it off, my dad has it so my risk of having it too is high. I made it a point to include water intake and bathroom breaks to my journal list.
That was just depressing, so I told Legoqueen she was in charge for 20 minutes, got on my treadmill and walked.
I must say, the endorphins made me feel really good, so I felt like I could do a little more. I cleaned a little bit, had lunch, and then sat and knitted because my "high" was leaving. I lay down while the kids played hula hoop inside the house. I couldn't sit up to watch them play outside, so I made the exception.
I talked on the phone to my Hongo who is taking Wed off to drive me to the dr. He suggested that I put in a movie and sleep on the couch while the kids sat there. I told him I would, but I had already been laying for like an hour, so i got up and decided to go for one more walk.
After my 2nd walk, I felt good again, so I did some more stuff. Then I crashed. I napped for almost 2 hours. I don't like doing it because it feels dangerous, even though I never fall fully asleep. I can hear the movie and the kids talking to each other.

Now I'm up and I feel good again. Nice and rested. It's almost 5:30 and my Hongo hasn't called to tell me he is on his way home. I can't wait - he is bringing dinner, and then he is going to take me to the store to buy eggs and bread. Yay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope the doctor has some answers for you- feel better!