Saturday, January 27, 2007

The weekend!!!!

I missed journaling for 2 days, boo hoo.

Park was great, the weather was absolutely perfect. I lost trackof time and we didn't leave until almost 4 pm!!! I actually try to GET HOME at 4, lol.

Friday we had a playdate, and the kids were having fun and I was so into knitting my hat and having conversation, that I was surprised when the hostess's husband walked in the door. OOPS!! He was really cool about it, sat in the living room with us and chatted for a bit. I looked at my watch, and again - it was almost 4. Gotta watch my time better!!!! I hope by now that she is found her cat (he escaped out the door) and if not, I am sure he'll come back really soon!

Friday night we went to Lowe's to get paint for LegoQueen's room, she wanted a nice sky blue. Actually, she wanted RED, but the guy at the paint counter said we would have to put like 4-5 coats and I just can't afford to put $100 of paint on just her walls. So sky blue was a nice alternative that she came up with.
While we were there, we saw Drama Queen's speech teacher. The one we just bailed on. *oops* We spoke briefly and she asked if I had received the closing paperwork and returned it so she could close the file. I haven't, so I promised I would take care of it this weekend.
We also grocery shopped, checked out WICKES furniture, and bought Baskin Robbins ice cream!

Today (Saturday) I had plans to paint that room sky blue. But my Hongo had other plans. Like dragging me to every furniture store in town. But first I had to turn in the registration for softball. I told my Hongo it would take 5 minutes, but it stretched into abut 15. Seriously, I had to say HI to everyone, and of course you have to catch up on each other, and then I had to introduce myself to the people who had HEARD about me and emailed back and forth yet never had the pleasure of meeting me. LMAO - the pleasure, ha ha ha ha. More like the misfortune!

So anyway, we went looking at furniture. SOme nice, some not so nice. It gave us a lot of ideas and made us think about what kind of furniture to buy for the kids in the long term. We also went to walmart (i hate that store on BVR) and bought some ceiling fans for the kids rooms. We ended up NOT putting them up, and bought track lighting from Home Depot instead.

I was not feeling too well when we got home. I thought maybe it was because I hadn't eaten in a few hours, but even after 2 small snacks I was feeling dizzy and weak. I asked my Hongo if he minded me lying down. Of course he wasn't, but I still thought it was courteous to ask instead of just disappearing, lol.

I napped for 2 hours. Groggy getting up but it turned out to be okay. I don't know what was wrong with me!

The rest of the evening has been pretty good. We went back to the AV walmart to return the fans and bought some other stuff. Never take your spendthrift husband to walmart. He makes fun of me when that one "South Park" episode (Something Wall-Mart Comes This Way) comes on, but HE is the one who is BAD.

I hope to get SOME painting done tomorrow. I've got a whole 8 hours!

No comments: