Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Cancelled my appt....

That's right - I cancelled. However, I rescheduled the appt and made it a full physical.

I have improved 1000 percent. Today I was able to get up without feeling groggy, I looked at the mirror and my face looked rested and pink, not gray and tired looking.

When 9am came and went and I still had a steady stream of energy, I knew I would be better off at home. So I called and canceled. My Hongo called a little bit after and said he thought it might be my anemia again, since I have been very lazy about keeping tabs on my iron.

I got a lot done today, and I have the full trashcans to prove it. I will also have a bag of clothing and some toys to bring with me to park on Thursday. The toys are varied in age range - LegoQueen's Quantum Pad is in there, some plastic cars from Hairy Boy, and some kind of Write and Learn thing that Drama Queen never played with. In fact, i think I still have the un-used worksheets to go with it. Anyway, lots of fun stuff that I hope some of the family will take and use.

My Hongo and I talked about the LegoQueen's birthday party. He is worried that it is too many kids for our house. To be truthfully honest, the reason that it is too many kids is because of the obligatory invites to our neighbors. That's 4 kids that probably don't have any real business being invited. I know that is mean, but as I was looking over the invite list and seeing where we could pare down, those 4 names kept popping up. LegoQueen has already said she does NOT want her HS friends to be excluded.
So I proposed this idea to my Hongo.....I could have her party on Friday the 16th at our house during the regular Lego Club meeting. The neighbor kids will be in school, so they can't attend anyway. He countered with the fact that then his nephew (the kids' only cousin) wouldn't be able to come to the party. Uhhhh, he's NEVER been here to celebrate any of my kids' birthdays so what is one more? Hongo also mentioned that his parents, and himself would be unable to attend, so I would not have any extra pairs of hands. Hello?!?! I'll have like 5 moms here! I am sure at least 1 (probably more like all 5) know how to cut cake, lol.

So I am going to bring up that idea at the park and see what the other moms think. Can I pull off a birthday party with 25-30 guests (friends, sibling, parents) or am I living in a dream world? Yes, I know my MIL is already excited about creating a Lego cake, and bringing a pinata (her history of execution is pretty poor, so don't hold your breath for cake) but its not her party. I don't know, we'll see.

On a completely different note, today I did not cook so we went to On The Border. I don't know why we punish ourselves - oh wait, we go for the Guacamole Live. Basically, the food is great, but the service sucks. Today we waited nearly 1 1/2 hours to get our food. So they took 30 off our bill and gave us 30 in coupon vouchers. I told my Hongo that we would not visit this restaurant for a LOOOOOOONG time. I know - I say that everytime we leave and I am disatisfied with the service, but this time I mean it. Really.

I am almost done with my daughter's hat. I have to read the chapter in the book on how to bind off, and then I can sew the back ends together and finish it with poms. I am laughing at myself - I've never finished anything so I have never done binding off in my life!

No comments: