Tuesday, January 23, 2007

It should be a no brainer....

but today I realized that I really prefer my kids' homeschooling friends over their public schooled friends. I'll leave it at that. I am so grateful for the group of kids mine are involved with, honestly.
The kids drove me to start my new knitting project earlier than I had anticipated. Otherwise I think I would have snapped.

So anyway, I started a new project. Its a hat for Drama Queen. Now before you start laughing at me, I really feel like I can finish this. No , really. I've already finished the ribbing and I started on the body AND I want to do more but I have put it away for the night so that I could journal and then go to bed.
I was looking at craft books today at the library and Drama Queen found this book on 12 hats you can knit. Flipping through it, she found one that she liked and asked if I would make it. Not COULD I make it, WOULD I. Which makes it seem like it never crossed her mind that I couldn't do it. How can I let her down? I'll give it my best shot. And if it works out okay, Miss Legoqueen wants one too in a funky stripey pattern. Uhhh, not sure I could do that - I'll have to consult with the yarn ladies to see if self striping yarn will work in this case.
The kids all got a book each, and then we went and got crickets. I realized afterward that I couldn't go to Michaels because I had live insects in my car.
We got home and I had all the kids go to their rooms to browse their books. Then I read to the little ones. The little kids are facinated with the books that have different textures on their pages. The words are easy as pie to read, its just the textures that make the kids want them.
Lunch was prepared, and then afterwards I let the kids go play with the neighbors (who were out of school for some reason) Then at around 4:30 the dentist office called and asked me to come pick up the paperwork for drama queens referral. Ugh fine. I sent the one remaining visiting child home and made the kids get in the car. We got there at 5:15 and the paperwork was not ready!!!!

My hongo and I ended up talking about the dentist. He doesnt want me to take her to this referral. He wants me to look into a few of the dentists that some of the HS moms recommended, and if a suitable replacement can't be found THEN we'll take her.

So, in a nutshell we are staying home tomorrow. I already told the kids not to bother asking to play with the neighbors on Wed, because the answer was going to be no. They played for 4 hours today, they will play for 4 hours Thursday, and they will play for at least 2 hours on Friday. They are not deprived in any way. I am going to look into having some kind of playdate on Mon or Tues from now on, but its gonna be a homeschooled kid for sure :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do the hat- easy-peasy! And yes, you can use some self-striping yarn for LegoQueen's. Michael's has some self-striping soy/wool that has great colorways, and is next to the skin soft. We've been trying to plan playdates every week too (Tuesday or Wed), so if you ever want to get together, let us know!

Kim said...

Yay! She was so excited when I told her about the yarn.
We will have to get the kids together for sure. :)