Sunday, April 1, 2007

You April Fool!

Ah, its Sunday. It was great to stay home and relax after a long Saturday.
......
......
......
......
Hah - if you thought my Sunday was actually peaceful - then April Fool on you!

What would Opening Day be without a little chaos?

LegoQueen and I got up early and drove over to the park. The plan was that we would be there first, and Hongo and the little ones would arrive with the ILs (who told us Friday they were coming)
8:45 came round, and no Hongo. The team was already out on the field, I had a parent watching them while i waited on a blanket for the family. Finally I called Hongo and asked WTH they were, and of course, my ILs are gonna be late. Someone broke into a building, so FIL had to go down there. Its always work first with him. They would not be arriving until later. He and the kids were going to walk.
9:10 rolls around - no Hongo. How long does it take to walk from our house to the park? 11 minutes. I know - I've timed it.
By the time they got there, I had 5 minutes to spare. I raced out on the field and Opening Day ceremonies began.
ILs did not arrive until 11 - just as we finished taking our pictures. I got a new girl that is going to be on my team, so I had her get in the team picture. If I can get 2 more, I will simply take a new picture and make copies for the parents to replace them.
There were lots of hugging going on at the park. Ex Players, their parents, one of the girls who got lifted from my team came and gave me a HUGE hug. I told her congrats and that she definitly deserved to move up and I was very proud of her. She said I gave her confidence and that is the main reason she felt able to move up. How sweet! I also hugged the pres and his wife. Such awesome people in this league, I tell ya!

So we also had our game. We got slaughtered. Afterwards, I told the girls that they really needed to put this experience behind them and look forward to the next game. I did a lot of yelling at the game. Enough to make my throat sore. One of the things I forgot to remind my girls about is that I yell so they can hear me, not because I am yelling AT them, if that makes any sense. I was trying to give direction, and unfortunatly my "direction" voice and my "disclipline" voice are exactly the same, lol.

We came home and went back out to HD to pick up blocks for the planter in the backyard. After unloading all of it, the ILs went home and Hongo and I began working on the tile project. It has stretched to the countertops, and coming along nicely.

Today was more tile work, and I am almost done putting in tile up to the stove. I think I have 9 more to go, and then Hongo will cut the remaining tiles. I hope to be a groutin' by Wednesday. We stopped working at 4, and I made dinner and started cleaning up the HUGE mess in the kitchen. I am cleaning as I go for the most part, but ripping off the old countertop made such a gigantic mess. I have to clean in spurts so I don't get overwhelmed. We can't do the last section until after Wednesday, because our trash cans are pretty full right now. They need to be emptied.

Tomorrow I don't see me journaling unless something totally great happens. We have library day, those 9 tile squares to do, and cleanup to do during the day. When Hongo get home, I have to leave for a meeting for DramaQueens team, then I have to race back and be at the field for our night game.

Oh and Granny broke her hip last night, and had surgery today. We are on-call help for the rest of the week, and I see our anniversary get-away being canceled. :(

1 comment:

Carleigh said...

Do you know how much I *hate* tiling? I removed the plastic tile from all of the walls in my bathroom and put up ceramic. I've done my kitchen floor and my backsplash behind my stove. Be glad that Hongo's doing the worst part. I HATE cutting tile!!!

Sorry about the broken hip and your missed trip. I hope everything is okay.