Saturday, April 7, 2007

I put it down....

*sigh*

My knitting in the round experiment.....the elbow warmer that had the high hopes of becoming a legwarmer, or if all the planets were aligned correctly - a sock....has been bound off and forever laid to rest.
I'm sorry - but it was hideous. I tried in vain to save it- I tried to rename all of its flaws into "designs", but it just wasn't meant to be. I finally came to the relization that it wasn't going to work when I noticed that it was crooked because I started the knit row before I was done with the ribbing.
I could have stuck with it and pressed on...but then I thought "What kind of mother would I have to be to force my child to wear something so full of blindingly obvious mistakes?"
A bad one. Poor child - going outside with crooked leg warmers (because I just know I can't purposely screw up the other one, its a spontaneous gift I have) being ridiculed by her peers whose mothers knit beautiful leg warmers (I'm joking about that last part - her peers are really nice and I doubt they are checking out her knitted stuff).

So I feel better now...I've let it go, and I'll keep the "whatever the heck it is" to show to my friends and we'll all have a good giggle about it.

2 comments:

Sancy said...

ROFL!!!!! I'd still like to see a picture of i!!

Kim said...

I will DEFINITLY post a picture of it :P