Monday, April 23, 2007

I just wanted to say.....

WE WON!

Yes, it is 11pm almost and I am DEAD tired. But we WON. It was the ugliest win ever, but we will take it.

It happened to be against one of my friend's daughter's team, so while i felt sad for them, I knew that my team needed this soooooo badly.

I almost cried while I was telling my girls how proud I was. They were so happy they couldn't sit still to let me talk.

I told them to enjoy it for tonight, because Wednesday they need to come ready to play again.

Today I told Hongo that I suck as a manager. I love coaching, but the managing takes me away from that. I am a pitching coach. I should have more than one consistent pitcher on my team. LegoQueen bombed today. She was fantastic in warm-ups and when we put her on the field. But once that batter stepped in the box, she fell apart.
So while I was feeling sorry for my lame managing abilities, Hongo said I need to let him and the other coaches do some of the stuff. So today I did - they chalked the field, and Hongo wrote the line-up while I worked with my pitchers.

Good Night!

2 comments:

Sancy said...

Yeah!!!! Congratulations!!! Your a GREAT coach and a GREAT manager!!! Every team would be so lucky to have you!

Kim said...

Thanks ladies!

Yesterday one of my girls called to see if I was going to come to the park (I'm making a big effort to work with Courtney) and practice. I had to tell her no, becuase we were going to have DQ's birthday party. So I guess I'm doing something right if kids are coming to the park if I am going to be there.