Sunday, April 29, 2007

Softball is dangerous!

Yes, this is my face - no, I don't usually look like I have a beard, its the shadows.


Today was just not my day! In the first inning, I strained an inner thigh muscle, and when I went up to bat I got a hit, and running made it worse. I pulled up lame - they had to get someone to run for me.
I sat the second inning - and then in the third inning is when it happened. Shortstop gunned a ball right to me, and it spun UP at the last second and hit me in the face. Yep right in the chin. I grabbed my face and walked away. I was trying to walk in the dugout, but somehow I ended up by the bleachers. One guy was standing there, and I remember thinking that I hoped blood wasn't pouring out of my mouth. I took my hands away and there was no blood.

Call me stupid, but I picked up my glove and took my place back at 1st base.

When the half inning was over, Hongo came up to me and wanted to see. I have a cut lip, bruised chin, and my gums are bruised. I finished the game (I got one more hit!) and the last play of the game was a grounder to the second base and she BARELY got it to me in time. I stretched for it and I felt the ball hit my glove RIGHT before I felt the runners foot hit the base.

We lost by one. Hongo hurt his arm throwing, so between his arm, my thigh, and my lovely face, we called it a day. We were going to go watch my coach's softball game, and his daughter had asked me to work with her. But i just couldn't do it.

It hurts to talk - I go in spurts where I say a bunch of stuff, but then my mouth HURTS.


I told LegoQueen that I never wanted to hear her complain that she got hit by a ball, LOL!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!
Start taking arnica- seriously! Both topical and oral. You can probably get it at BJ's if you don't have any.

Kim said...

Oh you are SOOOOO cool! I was going to call you tomorrow morning and ask if you thought it would work!

I'm going to BJ's in the am!

THANK YOU!!!!!

Sancy said...

Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!! Hope it's feeling better soon!