Thursday, April 12, 2007

A Day Off.....

Today ended up being a good day.

I was sad (and so were the kids) when park day was cancelled. The wind was howling and it was cold. What wierd weather we have sometimes!
At one I got the call that LegoQueen's game was cancelled. Wow, you mean nothing to do all day and all evening? What will we do with ourselves??
Rest, relax, and have fun.

Uniforms came in for HB and DQ's team, so we went to the community center to pick them up. The wind had calmed down immensly - go figure, the games were already cancelled.
The kids had to go visit the display of the cheer team pictures that I took, telling the woman at the desk that was their mommy's camera that took those pictures. I hope to get another section put up of the T-Ball pictures to promote the community sports. But that is for another day, and another journal entry.

We got the uniforms home, and DQ wanted to try hers on right away. HB wasn't so thrilled - we are having problems with him being unable to decide if he wants to play. Either way is fine, whatever he wants. I'm his coach and won't be mad if he wants to sit all game long. We'll see what happens on Saturday. That is, if I can even get him to put on the darn uniform. *sigh* I'd at least like to get some pictures of him in it so I can have a button made to hang on my bag.

So today I took it easy and recharged my batteries. The kids played video games and we played tickle games and I also chased the two little ones around the house because I was "it". LOL.

Today was an enlightening day for me. I realize that the more effort I put out for something, the bigger return I will receive. Duh. I've always known that, but I somhow have a problem applying it consistantly in my life. There is something that I really want, but I haven't put much effort into it.
In another vein, I've been putting lots of effort into eating right and exercising. Today I stepped on the scale and I am pleased to announce that I have overcome my plateau and I am back on the losing side once again.
I guess I need to step back and re-evaluate how to spread out my time and energy more efficiently.

I can't wait for the weekend. Opening Day Saturday (all day) and Sunday we have a birthday party. Next week is going to be VERY busy.

No comments: