Saturday, April 28, 2007

I could not believe it!

My mom came today - at 8:30 AM!!!! She had told me on the phone that she was LEAVING at 8:30, andI estimated her being here at 9:30. So I didn't bother waking the kids up, I was barely dressed and brushing my teeth when Hongo yells "She's HERE! WTH is she doing here this early?!?!"

Um, Hongo was not happy.

So she basically sat on my couch and waited for us to get the kids up and dressed. Hongo was vacuuming the kitchen and cleaning the counters, trying to ignore her.

Finally we left for the game (at 10:15) and I forgot to pack her a chair of some sort. So she stood around and watched. Then I asked her where we were going for lunch, and she said that she wasn't picky, that she would eat whatever we bought. Uhhhh....okay. I was under the impression that she was here to celebrate DQ's birthday, which may have meant SHE was going to pay for her lunch. At least, If *I* am going to invite myself to someone's house to celebrate, I am bringing something to eat, or taking them out!

So I chose Carl's Jr, and I paid for her meal. Then she came back to our house and the kids ate at the table with her. Right about then LegoQueen had had enough of Grandma and tried to sneak upstairs to watch TV. Oh no....you are going to sit with the rest of this.

I suddenly got "stomach cramping" so that got her to leave. That was around 2pm. I told her I was going to take a nap.
She was already checking out my calendar, and she wants to come back in 2 weeks! I made it very clear she couldn't come and hang out like she did today - we have plans!

This is what bothers me - she thinks that now that my dad is gone, she's going to be coming over all the time to hang out. That simply can't happen. Once softball is over, our Saturdays will still be family days, we just won't be at games. Another thing - I want to SMACK whoever told her that buying a new car was a good idea. She pays $400 dollars a month for a used car, and now she is saying that her hours at work have been cut. She's digging herself a finacial hole. Hongo thinks she is trying to set the stage for losing her job and needing to move in with us. I told him that she already told me about the hour loss and I suggested she find a part-time job to supplement her income if things got bad.

I am so glad that I got this out of the way. I look forward to tomorrow.

2 comments:

Sancy said...

Now if you could just get your mother's punctuality to rub off on your inlaws!!! Tee hee hee hee!!

Kim said...

I KNOW!!! I just can't win!