Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I officially missed.....

knitting night! :(

At 7 pm I was barely sitting down to dinner with my family. Now its just past 8 and I am already in my PJ's.

Its just as well, I already snapped at someone today, and I have that "I don't give a dang" attitude.

I called one of my T-Ball parents today (we had contact number issues with this family) and when they answered, I asked for the parent. I was very polite and this person on the other end told me to hold on. Then she abruptly said (in a rude way) "WHO is THIS?" It caught me a little off guard, so I said "My name is Kim and I am *name deleted*'s T-Ball coach. She said "oh" and then clicked over to hang up with whoever she was talking to. I expected someone different to come back on, but it was her again. She said, "Hi" so I asked if I was speaking with Tina. She answered very rudely, and so I tried to brush it off and I introduced myself, told her that I was calling to let her know that Friday we would have practice at X time at X place. She said "I don't like your attitude." and I snapped. I told her that if she didn't like it then she had the choice of having her son not play. I don't care. I have kids waiting to get on the team. I told her I didnt' care for her attitude either.
Then, just like a switch, she said she'd be at practice and how would she find me? I told her that i thought we were on field yellow. God I hope I'm wrong and she goes searching for me and can't find me and gives up. God I hope.

There's always gotta be one bad parent that makes me want to slap myself and ask why am I doing this.

On a softball note, I had my pitchers out for practice today. It was a really good outing and I thinksome of them gained a little confidence. It was COLD, though - Coach Kim is going to have to remember to layer up for tomorrow's game.

Being with those kids keeps me volunteering. They are awesome, and I totally forgot about the nasty ghetto b*tch on the T-Ball team.

I am ready for bednow - at 8:30, lol. My cold sore is scabbed over and dry. It doesn't hurt anymore. I'm so glad this thing is on its way out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were missed!
Next week!?!

bmarin said...

Ah man! I hate dealing with rude people. Sounds like you handled it just fine! Like the new colors on your blog!

Kim said...

Next week will be my only chance for weeks to go. We have games those nights starting the 25th. Fingers crossed!

B, I hate rude people too. I just don't get it sometimes.