Sunday, April 15, 2007

Just tell me that's enough....

If you are sitting with me and I start talking about softball, just tell me to shut it and feel free to pick a different topic.

However, this is my blog and you can simply choose a different page to go to, lol.


Today was Hongo's first game with the adults. He looked SO cute in his jogging pants and his hat. We got there and there were two guys prepping the field. It was sprinkling, and it was cold. I made LegoQueen play catch with me.
As people began to arrive, I was feeling more unsure that we should have come. We didn't know anyone. But then we recognized a couple of parents that we know from my girls' softball team. I went over to say hi andmake small talk - turns out they were on the team that Hongo was looking to get on. They introduced him to the manager, and they went off to talk a bit.
Hongo got a subbing spot on the team....and then his friend showed up. No more room. I felt terrible, and Hongo did too! I thought he might be thinking of giving up the spot.
Our friend was bummed (did I mention he's one of my coaches?) and I gently encouraged him (okay, I pushed him) to go see if another team needed some extra guys. Well, sure enough a team did, and J and his son both were able to get on a team. I am SO happy for them! I just know that we will have a team altogether eventually - just right now they all got their foot in the door, so to speak.

The game was pretty fun. I warmed up with Mr SA's wife, and that is where I got the manager checking out my throwing and catching. I subbed in a few innings, and by the end of the game I was invited to play on the team.

That issue is still up in the air - I want to think about it more. But FLYLady always touts that Sunday should be a "renew your spirit" day and I truly think that is what I was feeling today. It was exhilarating to be out there playing once again, instead of managing from the dugout. It wasn't quite like reliving my "glory days" but something different that I can't explain. It just felt good.

So then it was off to the birthday party.

Today was all about new experiences, I think. Hongo and I met a lot of new people on the softball team, mixed in with some people we were already familiar with.
The birthday party was the same - people I was comfortable with, and new people to meet. The birthday girl looked so cute, and you can tell she is a Daddy's girl. I think I expended most of my "getting friendly with new people" energy, so I mainly stuck with my homeschooling friends. But I did meet my friend's family, who are all really nice.
The kids had a great time, and were mad that we had to leave. But I really needed to finish the tiling of the kitchen while Hongo has time off. Our week is going to be busy, and I fear we won't have much time.

So with that project now under our belts, the focus is now the backyard, I think. But until that can be finished, I think I will try to finish other little touches around the house. Like painting the crown molding. And finishing the hallway painting. And painting the kids' rooms. Paint paint paint. LOL.

Until then, I look forward to being very busy with softball regardless if I play or not, and with kid stuff. DramaQueen has a dr appt Tuesday, and then her b-day is on Thursday. Practice Monday night and Friday night. Games on Tueday, Thursday and 2 on Saturday. ParkDay on Thursday.

Hey- what should we do Wednesday? LOL!

No comments: