Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Is it dumb?

I've been sitting at my desk during lunch, trying to sort through my email box, deleting old emails and stuff I never took the time to read. A lot of it was easy - old FlyLady reminders, corrospondence from services that I inquired about , etc.

But I came upon a batch of emails that I just couldn't push the delete button on. One was from a mom that LegoQueen had her first sleepover at. I had expressed concern over my child not sleeping well, or not being comfortable (despite her being in the house directly behind me, lol) The email stated that LegoQueen was doing fine, and was SUCH a joy to have over.
Another email came from when I was arranging LegoQueen's first visit to LegoClub. There were two parts - the first was from the hosting mother, giving me the lowdown on what LC was all about, and the next was from her, canceling the event because no one else could make it. Its funny - in the email it says that things have tapered off so there was plenty of room. Now I think about LC and how HUGE it is right now. Its funny how cycles go.
I've got another one from my cousin....sending me pictures of my dad for his funeral....and a whole bunch more from friends expressing their condolences.

There are others that I haven't mentioned, but the circumstances are the same. All of them have to do with small (or sometimes major) changes in our lives that make such an impact, and I find it really hard to just let them go.

One time, I opened a box that belonged to Hongo. We had been carrying this box around with us forever, and I finally decided to open it and find out what the heck was in there. I found old bank statements, a tax return, some pictures, and.... a collection of every single love letter I had ever given him. And boy.... were there a LOT! I must have wriiten him pretty much every school day, lol!
And while I was in awe that he had actually kept them, I was sad - because I didn't keep any of his. I was always afraid my mom would read them. Not that there was anything in there that would get me in trouble, she was just a very snoopy kind of person and I didn't want her to have the satisfaction of reading a coversation between Hongo and I.

So I guess, I really feel like deleting these emails are like throwing away those letters. Of course, I DO occasionally delete emails from Hongo. The ones where he is being freakish and will email me and write "hi" in it. Or if he's sitting next to me at his computer, I will get one of his "stalker" emails that say "What are you wearing" I have no trouble deleting those, lol.

*~*~*~**~*~*~*~**~

So enough of that. Yesterday we lost our game. But the girls had a really great time and the manager of the other team told me his girls had fun too. Looking forward to our next game, next Tuesday.
I also am trying to get Hairy Boy on my team for T-Ball. When I signed him up, I asked for them to be on the same team, but due to age difference, they put DramaQueen on the 6/7 division and Hairy in the 4/5. I manage DramaQueen's team now, and I read the paperwork where it says a 4/5 can move UP with parental consent, but 6/7 cannot move down.
Looking at the scedule, I can see that I only have one day where I am supposed to be in 2 places at the same time. Hongo and I wil have to split up that day.

1 comment:

Sancy said...

Boy I know the feeling about throwing things away. I have a large storage container full of letters Matt gave he in school. He has none of mine but I have a hard time parting with his. Bree wanted to read them and after reading a few of them I opted not to let her just yet. LOL