Friday, April 6, 2007

Keeping the peace....

LOTS of frustration this week.

With Granny breaking her hip (actually it was her femur, but its so high up on it that it is considered the hip) there has beena lot of confusion and frustration about this weekend's plans. It is our 12th anniversary, and with everything that happened with my dad's death, Hongo saw it as a perfect opportunity for us to get away and just feel normal again.
Well, with this latest development with Granny, we aren't going. My MIL has to be down the hill to care for Granny until her sister arrives back from Idaho to switch off.

I understand that this was not planned - I really do. But Hongo is right - something ALWAYS happens. We always plan something and either we don't go, or we have to come home early because of them.
We were also going to celebrate Easter with the ILS before we left. But Hongo desn't want them here now, and MIL wants to come, and so I find myself in the middle trying to find a compromise. Hongo doesn't mind telling them they aren't welcome, but I know that this is not their fault! So I think Hongo is being a pouty brat, and I think the ILS have screwed themselves becuase of their past shortcomings.

I've also been really busy this week with coaching and meetings, and my regular stuff on top of that, but we took some time out to visit the park and hang out. I'm glad we did. We weren't going to, since we don't usually celebrate Easter, but I figured it would be fun. And it really was.
The weather was really nice, except for the occasional breeze that kind of stirredup the pollens. Drama Queen was stuffed up by the time we left.

Today I have some friends coming over, and that will be nice too. A small group of 6, possibly 8 kids. Then I don't know what we are doing this weekend. SanDiego sure sounds nice, but I am not sure if Hongo is up for that. We'll see.

No comments: