Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Funky

Well, our team lost again yesterday. They were doing SO well in warm-ups. I could FEEL that they were ready to swing their bats.

Well, swinging their bats was the only thing they did well. But we lost the game due to bad pitching. OUR bad pitching. Lego Queen didn't do AS bad as the other two, but all three girls just walked them around the bases. Once or twice a strike was thrown, and it was hit so the bases cleared.
The girls were so sad. I feel terrible for them. They just want (and need) to win one.

So after teh game I didn't say much (we got started late, it was COLD, and everyone wanted to go home) I ordered all 4 pitchers to the park for a workout. This can't go on anymore. The parents are frustrated, the kids are sad, and even though I talk to the girls after every game and tell them I am SO proud of them, their confidence is severely shaken. And our pitching is our weakest point.

So this evening I will be busy. I am picking one girl up from daycare, and after we are done, I am dropping off another two home. Oh, but Hongo called this morning and insisted that I pick him up at home first and he would drive us to drop off the girls.

I don't think I'm going to make it to knitting. Hongo says I should go, but I just know I'll be tired, and I'm not a very fun person to be around when its my cycle time. To be blunt, I am a bloated old cow. And since I can't be the bloated old cow with the pitchers (gotta fake it) I certainly don't want to save it up for my friends. Otherwise I might not have any friends afterwards, lol.


ON another note, my MIL was here yesterday. And she brought Hongo's nephew. All I will say about him is that I am glad he's not mine. Actually, if he WERE mine, he wouldn't act like that. But I understand he is having a hard time dealing with his parents divorce, so I tried to make the atmosphere as loving and caring as possible. HIs mother hates me, so he's always really wary of me when he arrives. But by the time he left, he was all hugs and smiles with me. That should sit well with her, lol.
They stayed for a really long time, and so we barely had time to get out the door for the game.

Oh, and something else. As if our family was not busy enough already.....last night Hongo was asked if he would be interested in playing on a Men's softball team. He didn't consult me, he told her yes (It was Mr SA's wife who asked) He told me after the game, then asked if I was okay with that. I looked at him (I was SO tired) and I said "Yes. I would hope that you would do something like this."
This is what he has talked about doing for 6 years. Yeah, yeah - join a team and get out there and play. He LOVES baseball. And I would always encourage him to do it. But something always held him back. He doesn't have any friends except for me. He's not the type to "go out with the guys" because he could be doing things with his wife and kids, even if we are at home arguing over who is going to make the popcorn, lol.
The last time he was asked to be on a team, he told them no, because practices were too far away during the week, and he didn't have the time or the money. LIAR! But I know why he didn't do it, and I'll keep his secret.
Hongo would make a great addition to any team. He can do it all, and is a natural born baseball player. It makes commnoners like me (who had to WORK for everything) just sick with envy, lol. He is an asset to my coaching staff, and he'll be an asset as a player.
Fingers crossed that he goes through with it - I'd happily give up my Sundays to see my man happy. It has potential to happen because 1) its local and 2) my other coach was invited to play as well. If Hongo knows someone on the team that he is friendly with, he will be more comfortable.

No comments: