Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Update to "Is it dumb?

Last night i lost my connection, so this didn't post

Well, I got the call today. Hairy Boy is on my team. I just have to go in tomorrow and sign a waiver allowing him to move up.

Last week I made a promise that I would spend more time coaching LegoQueen one on one. I usually only practice with her erratically and that might be why she doesn't seem to improve. Well, I finally got off my lazy azz and we went inthe back yard.

It was great! We threw, I tossed some grounders and showed her the best way to field them. We tried some pop flies (we need some work, lol) and then I had her pitch. She was doing okay, but her form wasn't fluid. I told her to step it up and throw faster and harder. That did it. She threw 5 strikes in a row, and her pitching is more consistant. I didn't want her to over-do it, so we switched to batting. I taught her how to bunt. She is pretty good at it.

After dinner, she went back out and started throwing again. After my workout, I saw that she was pitching to Hairy Boy and he was hitting the ball really well! She asked if I would come back out, so I did and she threw to me some more. We had to stop, though - Hairy kept getting in the way, and I feared he would get hit. I tossed some balls to him, and he was hitting pretty well. I even hit him a good number of times, but he is such a trooper, and i didn't throw that hard. Drama Queen got in on the fun, and all three kids took turns batting.

Gosh, it was so fun to get out there and play with my kids physically. Its different than board or card games. I felt so good that I ended up making chicken stock from the leftover dinner chicken, and i baked some peanut butter cookies. I bet Hongo just wants to strangle me for keeping the house hot, lol. But I cleaned everything that I used, so there isn't a huge mess in the kitchen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for you and your kids. :) I love playing ball with the kids, that is, when I feel up to it.