Thursday, March 29, 2007

A better day....

Today was such a nice, relaxing day despite knowing that I lost two girls frommy team.

I felt that somehow things would work out, and it looks like they are. I talked to Mr SA's wife (who is my team mom, and actually pretty nice, her DH is just the weiner) and I let her know to leave those two girls off the snack schedule and to ask her DD if she had any friends that wanted to play.

Well, she called me back and she thinks she may have found one! One of her neighbors. SO that would be totally cool. Then this afternoon I swung over to another girls house to drop off her uniform since she wasn't at practice, and her dad was there. I let him know and he said his other daughter might be interested, and he would let me know. Thank goodness!

And then I got a wierd call from my coordinator. She said I was gonna keep one of the girls after all. But its not the one that they JUST took - its one that has been gone for over a week. So I don't quite understand, but I am sure that things will get sorted out by Saturday.

Tomorrow we were supposed to take DramaQueen down to the dr for shots, but we decided to do a "family day" instead. We were going to take off and go somewhere, but I think we are just gonna stay home. So, in retrospect, we should have kept the shot appointment! Then we could have made it into a down the hill trip!

I need some chocolate right now. I know - it has no bearing on my journal, but I could really use some anyway! :P

I talked to my neighbor across the street today. The new people next door to him apparantly like to scream at 2am. Nice. I told him that yesterday they had started up at around 6pm.
We talked while I waited for Hongo to come home and he was waiting for his wife. He asked about my mom, and I told him that she was doing better than I was. As a fellow Mexican, he understood alot about what kind of life I had, because a lot of Mexican households tend to be the same. So he would say something and I would just marvel an think "How did he know that???" He could even describe the relationship my dad had with his siblings and how it affects my relationship with Hongo. Eery. Mr B is wise, and I could definitly learn a lot, when I am not teasing him, of course.

But Hongo came home and neighbors wife came home, so the conversation turned to tiling the kitchen! I think I'll invited wifey over to see it tomorrow. She feels honored that she inspired me. She even has a tile saw I can borrow to make those last few cuts. Because right now, I am not really happy w/ my IL's and I am trying to not let it bother me.
On Tuesday I told MIL that Opening Day was Saturday (actually I told her a month ago), and there was a game. I didn't ask her to come, because last year they were late and then they went to the hardware store while we had lunch, and then they missed the game because they were shopping at the hardware store too long. LegoQueen was crushed.
So my beef with them is that she has not said a word about coming, and I really don't think they are. LegoQueen takes it really personally, and I just feel sad for her. Its not like i miss my ILs, lol. So if they don't come, then I don't want them coming in 2 weeks for Opening Day for the two other kids. That wouldn't be fair.

Ah....

Oh, and we got a birthday invite today. The kids are excited, and so we will go shopping for the birthday girl soon. The girls love picking out gifts - Hairy Boy...not so much. He just about died when he realized the Bioncle he picked out for his cousinwas actually going TO his cousin. He wanted to keep it!

No comments: