Saturday, March 17, 2007

Ending on a good note

That's right - my morning started off bad, then went to worse, and has crept back up to pretty darn as of right now.

The bad - my son started the morning coughing like he was dying. The cough of death. So I had to call my mother in law and tell her we weren't coming over for BBQ. So there went my cool weather and day of no cooking.
Then my new team mom called - she couldn't go to the meeting today. I totally understand - working graveyard shift and then being at a childs activity...the woman wanted sleep. I hear ya!
Then my husband sees that not only do we have a major cough going on with our son, he has a spiked fever too. Spiked fevers are normal for my kids, they are naturally warm anyway, but we had to still get it down. My son hates the Tylenol we have in the house and no matter how hard we try to hide it, he can tell (just like his mama) SO now I make plans to swing by the drugstore after my meeting.
THEN my MIL calls to check on my boy and Hongo gets his boxers in a wad because the phone is ringing too much. I think he's getting sick too. Come on - the phone ringing too much? Give me a break!

I went to my meeting. Said hi to my friend (president's wife, yes I mingle with the higher ups, lol) and there was a Mexican lady standing next to her. I said to her, " Hi, are you raquel?" and you would have thought I had said to her " Hi, are you a$$ face?" The REAL raquel was sitting down and it all went downhill from there.
We didn't start until almost 12:30. Personally, I am intolerant of not starting on time. If I tell you I want to meet with you at "x" time, I would appreciate that you be there and we start right away. 5, even 10 minutes and I am still cool (I am getting better at accepting 5-10 minutes, lol) but 1/2 an hour is unacceptable. And know what? All it was ....you had to sign for your packet of picture Day forms. All this waiting, for a stupid pack of forms.

the VP of softball was there....he doubles as the equipment manager. SO I went over and asked about getting a new catchers mask for my 12 year-old on my team, and we went to his car and checked a bag. Nothing, but we made arrangements for me to pick up a new mask at the park tomorrow. We talked (he talks a lot, giving me a run for my money) and he was heavily pushing for me to start doing action photos at games for extra money. I also found out his daughter is for hire when it comes to scorekeeping. Interesting.

Now my day started getting better - I went and bought lunch because the park thing took so dang long. What could make putting up with Raquel's stupity better? McDonalds. McDonalds cures everything.

Then I took a nap.

Then I went and bought dinner, and some more medicine that my son hated. I watched the kids play the Wii again, and Hairy Boy was groaning that he needed to change the shirt on his Mii again. Hongo is tired of changing Mii's, but when you are sick he'll give in to pretty much anything so that you stop whining, lol.

I did a workout, and now that all those good feeling endorphins are floding my body, I plan on bathing and then reading. I am out of Star Wars books, I may have to settle for a men's magazine or something. Men's magazines are like comic books, IMO.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.