Monday, March 12, 2007

No More Drama!

Please!

I am going to try and get back to normal this week. Goodness knows I need it. No more car accidents, no more funeral stuff, no more whining "family". And most of all, no more sick kids!

A dad update - Dad is here at my house with me. Currently he's sitting on the fireplace. I don't know when I'l get around to putting him somewhere permanent, but that is the least of my problems right now. All that matters is that he is all together, contained in one place, and safe from greedy family members.

Saturday was a good day - we took the dryer down to my mom, and James met us there. We were getting ready to leave, and James came up and started telling me that my aunt was okay. Uhhhh, I didn't ask - but I guess I'll stand here while you are talking. I'm sorry - I just don't care. I guess that they are putting their trip on Utah on hold. Bummer - I'd be glad to not have to deal with them for a week.....
After mom's house we drove to the funeral home to pick up Dad. My director was not available, so I left the urn there and we went to the museum.
I'm so glad we went! It was nice to get away and just do something as a family! We stayed for a couple of hours, the dinosaur exhibit was closed, so we didn't get to see what we had come for. The kids were totally interested in the gems and mineral section - it was a lot to takein all at once, I think Legoqueen only got to really look at a few things and ask questions.
After the museum, we drove back and picked up Dad. What I didn't realize is that I would receive the original DC and the permit, which stated that the remains will be kept at my address. Interesting.
Sunday we didn't do much - just played the Wii games and went grocery shopping.

Today I am going to go through my mail. I just seem to pick it up and then stuff it in the armrest console of my car.

No comments: