Sunday, March 4, 2007

You're killing me now.....

Today was an average Sunday.

Hongo stayed inside, playing his new video baseball game. I decided to get out there and DO something, so what did I do?

I went to Costco :P

After buying all I could fit in Hongo's car, I went and filled my little gas can so I could put gas in the mower.
I mowed my grass - it doesn't look any better, but I FEEL better since I know I'm not going to neglect it anymore.
I went to the park to meet my VP of softball and get my equipment. He opened it up and guess what? NO BALLS! OMG you are killing me! You mean I have to buy my own practice balls? What happened to the balls that I put in the bag last year? Did someone eat them?
Grrr....
So I came home and went across the street to the neighbors house. I will just quickly add that people were moving into the vacant house across the street today. I give them 2 months there before they get evicted. My neigbor gives them one month, lol.
Anyway. I went over and chatted with them. The man lent me 12 balls that he uses for prep sports, just until I can somehow build up a small collection. I think I am going to have to start sneaking 1 or 2 into my cart at Target or WalMart for the next few weeks. Hongo is refusing to purchase a set of practice balls.

The rest of the evening went okay. I was cleaning up and Hongo mentioned that he didn't want this whole softball thing to "consume" me. As in, that is all I do or think about. Oh, and he doesn't want it to take time away from the family.

I'm just slightly irked. This is something *I* enjoy. *I* am not taking time away from my family to do it, I am doing it WITH my family. Its not like I am going out with the girls, or somewhere the "family" can't go.

I know what his problem is:

His problem is that he doesn't want softball to disrupt "his" life. He comes home, eats dinner, and watches baseball on TV once baseball starts. Practice and games cut into his "relaxing" time. Please, give me a break. My relaxing time comes from 7:00 am until 8:30 am. That hour and a half consists of computer, exercise, and a shower. I do enjoy a good game of baseball, but I usually fold laundry or pick up while we are watching TV. Sitting in front of the TV is not my idea of fun or relaxation.

We have gone through this every year for 4 years, but last year was worse because I had a co-manager role. I will continue to coach as long as I like, and he will have to accept it. I shouldn't have to stay at home all the time just because he thinks its great.
Maybe since we are on the issue of asking each other for things, I should ask him to not be an ass for the entire season :D

No comments: