Wednesday, March 28, 2007

NOT my day..

The day started out fine enough, but it went sour around 4:30pm.

That high school team would NOT get off the field. SO I had to put in a call to my coordinator (ugh) and ask for her help. Thankfully, she was the right person to call, becuase he got off - just 25 minutes late.

I handed out uniforms, game schedules, etc. and we got right to work. I am coming to the realization that our pitching is VERY weak. I am sad.

I became MORE sad after I found out why my VP of softball was hanging around my practice. He took one of my girls (my 3rd baseman, dangit!) and he was looking at taking my shortstop too (dougle dangit!)
I told him that his was literally taking away any hope I had of having a competitive team.

So I am now down to 9 girls, possibly. If he takes the shortstop, then that pretty much seals it. I put out a plea to the girls - if ANY of them have a friend that has played before and WANTS to play now, PLEASE let me know.

I am out of girls from last year's roster. Either they moved away, are in the major division, or on another team. 2 of them are not playing - 1 made it clear she was not coming back, and the other 1 I can't find her number. She's even got a sister.

Ugh. Maybe if I offer them some candy, they'll play for me?

4 comments:

Carleigh said...

YAY! I can view it again. :)

Good luck finding those girls for your team. Oh, and I LOVE Chipwiches. I just hate reading about them. I think that's on my "list" of things to eat after pregnancy. lol

Sancy said...

I wished we lived closer. I'd put Bree on your team!!

Anonymous said...

What ever happened to playing for the FUN of it?? ;)

Kim said...

Thanks for the comments, ladies. Its really frustrating. I wish they would have left it UN-competitive, then it wouldn't matter how many girls I had.

LOL, They did just take all the FUN out. If you don't have enough girls, you forfeit the game and the girls don't get to play at all.