Saturday, March 3, 2007

Long Night....

It was SUCH a long night. Hairy Boy was up all night coughing and screaming his little head off. At the same time, I was considering murdering my Hongo because of his snoring. He is stuffed up, so he would go long periods without taking a breath and then he would sputter and choke really loud. He woke me up TWICE, and I vowed that there would not be a third time, 'cause I was gonna smother him.
I figured I'd be caught and sent to jail and they don't serve cookies in jail, so I took my pillow, a blanket, and corn bag to the loft to sleep. But the choking Hairy Boy was worrying me, so I went and got him and brought him to the couch as well.
At 4am, I guess my voice got too loud when I told Hairy Boy "YOUR SISTER IS NOT TAKING YOUR TOY!" and Hongo came out. Darn him - he gave Hairy Boy some juice, a Tylenol Meltaway, and put him back on the couch to sleep. Why have I been sitting out for 5 hours suffereing with him?

Needless to say, we slept in. I called my mom at 10 and told her we weren't coming. She was fine with it, told me to make sure my baby felt better and to give hime a kiss.

Before I forget, I have to mention this - I talked to mom 2 days ago, and I asked her how she was doing, and she said she felt GREAT. Excuse me? My dad just died, I feel like shit and you feel great? Well, good for you mom, I'm glad I don't have to worry about you. I'll just worry about myself, then.

There - now you know - I'm a whiner.

I finished my slideshow for my dad. I'll send a DVD to my mom since she doesn't have Internet, but the rest of the family is going to have to download it off the net. Because I don't feel like spending ten dollars on them to cover blank DVD's and postage.

There - is it obvious that I haven't slept and I am cranky? LOL

SO my son is cranky, my husband has a serious snoring issue, and I am a sleep deprived zombie. Thank goodness my girls are normal.

Since I vowed to remeber the good times with my dad, and to keep with a semi - theme of holidays, I pick Easter today.

Easter is a religious holiday, and pretty much the only time my dad got religious was after a 12 pack of Budweiser. Lent was a time of sacrifice. Every year he would give up Bud for Lent, and since Easter marks the end, guess what was in full abundance at Easter? You got it.
Traditionally, you eat a ham for Easter. Not us. Dad would BBQ burgers and weinies. Potato chips, my tia's potato salad, and my mom's rice. Don't ask why we had rice on Easter with burgers and weinies. Its cheap to make and easy to transport in the car.
Mom and I would arrive after church, with a lily in a pot. Why we paid the church $5 for a lily when we could have gotten one for $2, I'll never know. Dad would stick the lily on the table with the food. It was a centerpiece.
Dad would pass out the easter baskets to me and my cousins. You know the ones I'm talking about - the ones from the grocery store with a defective toy, tons of fake grass with newspaper underneath, and 5 pieces of candy - and 3 pieces were Peeps. We loved our baskets.
The Easter egg hunt. Dad would collect money from his sisters and throw in some of his to make a "money egg". My tia had spent the past twelve months carefully hollowing out eggs and saved them to make confetti eggs, and of course, we had hard boiled eggs. The adults would go out and hide the eggs, while the kids stayed inside and dreamed of the money egg. Would it be $5 dollars? We sure hoped so.
Then we would go find the eggs. There was no limit to where the eggs could possibly be. Even the tailpipe of the car was not off-limits. Or my uncle's greasy workbench in the garage.
After all the eggs were supposedly found, we would crack the confetti eggs on each other's heads. I don't recall an Easter going by where I didn't hear three weeks AFTER "Hey - guess where we found another egg?" Yuck.

Now I am LMAO thinking about how rough my kids have it that they will never have the opportunity to eat a hardboiled egg that has been sitting in a tailpipe.....poor kiddos.

Before I hop off the computer, I just want to thank everyone once again for being so sweet to me. I am starting a feel more normal and like myself again. I do get tired more easily lately, but I expect that is from being out of my routine for so long. I got the call today that I need to go pick up the D.C. from the funeral home. I have butterflies in my tummy, knowing that I will find out the cause of death. *sigh* I definitly need to make that appointment with my doctor.

No comments: