Tuesday, July 31, 2007

We have a date.....

August 28th. Its going to be an all day thing.

In the meantime, we are going to ask the dr to request a new set of bloodwork. We want to be absolutely sure we are moving in the right direction.

Life at our house has been pretty good. LegoQueen has started to pitch in and help more often. I also made a new chore that the kids are going to take turns doing. I am having them rinse the dishes after I wash them. So far the response has been great - the kids all want to stand next to me at the sink. Now if I could just get them all to want to clean their rooms.........

I think that the Hairy One is ready to "start school" The girls were sitting down doing their lessons, and he asked for something to do too. He made it very clear that it was to be "easy". So I gave him a page to color. Then he turned it over and all it had was where you had to pick out the black picture in each row. He thought it was too hard, until I showed him how to do it. He just asked for another page!

This year I am going to put off buying a math book for LegoQueen. I can't find any that aren't too boring. I found a series at the local library that I will just rotate checking out and see how it goes.

That's all for now -we are going to the park tomorrow to meet a lady that I met online. I am making my friend Caryn go with me so in case it doesn't work out it isn't so awkward. I feel it is her duty anyway - she is the one who introduced me to the site, lol! I think this woman is a knitter, so if she's decent enough, I'll invite her to come to the new knitting night that my other friend is trying to put together.

2 comments:

bmarin said...

Are you meeting this lady at our Park? Is she a homeschooler? Just curious!

Kim said...

no, I met her over at Liberty Park, by my house. She's not a homeschooler, sadly - but she is REALLY nice. I forgot to clarify if she was a knitter - I know she scrapbooks, though.