Sunday, July 15, 2007

Good weekend

I know its not over yet, but I may not get another chance to write tonight.

Saturday was good - we made more cinnamon pull aparts. LegoQueen is becoming quite the help in the kitchen. SHe has the recipe down pat, and there is very little that I have to do when we make them.
I put some pork ribs in the crockpot and figured I would make some rice to go with them.
Hongo played video games with the kids, and I did a quick clean-up of the house. The only gripe I really had was with the dishes. There were masive amounts of dishes everywhere. No one ever takes them downstairs! So I think I spent about 2 hours hunting for them and then washing them by hand. LQ had to empty the dishwasher 3 times!
Once we were all done with that, we got a call from the guy who manages the adult softball team. He wanted to have practice before he and his family left for Canada. He asked if I could round up some guys, so I made a phone call and we all met at the park at 5:00.
We had a good time. I got to meet a couple of guys who will be on Hongo's men's team next season, and I caught up with my assistant coach on how his daughter was doing with softball. She joined a travel team, and he was trying to get me to put LQ on it. I don't think she would really be up for something like that, and I don't think that my checking account could really handle it either. Not to mention all the time that the other two must sacrifice, traveling with their sister everywhere.

We'll just stick to Little League, I think.

Today was a relax day. I know the garden needs to be weeded again *sigh* but I figure the inside of the house has plenty of work to be done. We went to Costco this morning, and then to the grocery store.

I am soooooo happy to have an oven again - to celebrate I got stuff to make pizza and that is what we had for dinner! Yummy!

LQ didn't help, though - she's got a headache and is just overall cranky and crabby. She was throwing a fit whenever someone touched her - I tapped her lightly in the grocery store and she screeched "OW THAT HURT!!!" Whatever..... That girl is going to be LOADS of fun to be around when she starts having menstrual cycles!

Hongo and the little ones just got out of the bath - time to see what we have for dessert.

This week is going to be another busy one- park, the library, and the grocery store tomorrow just to start it off. There is also a softball game, but I dont know if we're going to go. It starts at 8pm. I guess we could always catch the one tat starts at 5:30.

No comments: