Friday, July 13, 2007

More tests and my oven works....

This morning we took Hongo back to the dr. His cholesterol levels are still not optimal, but after checking with the last results, they ARE improving.
They are sending him back out for some more tests, something else is worrying the dr. He had 6 vials of blood drawn this morning to pinpoint the issue. I don't really want to talk about it, let's just say that it was uncomfortable for the dr. to bring up this issue with me in the room.

We came home and I VERY CASUALLY said that I was waiting for my oven to get fixed. So Hongo fixed it (it was SOOOO EASY that I am glad I didn't pay the $300 to the repairman - it was $130 for the part, though.)

Now my oven is working. To celebrate, we made cinnamon pull-aparts, and I am hoping to bake some yummy chocolate chip cookies. I even let Hongo turn on the AC because I understand how hot the house gets when I fire up the oven and start baking.

My 5:30 appointment canceled on me this afternoon, but we rescheduled to get together on Tuesday. That actually works for me. I was so excited about taking my friend's kids's pictures that I kind of let the laundry and general house upkeep fall behind. I DID shower though - that is one thing that I didn't let slide, in case you were wondering.

I found out that the ILs are not going to come with us to DW. I feel so bad for my MIL- I know she really wanted to go. But FIL just got this new partime job for California intellegence, and I don't know what it entails, just that it means no vacation for him.
I think I am going to make more of an effort to go see my MIL with the kids. Personally, I would want to kill myself if I had to stay home all day alone. Three days was bad enough. I had Hongo home everyday at 5:30, though. MIL sometimes says good-bye to FIL at 5 am, and doesn't see him again until 10pm - enough time for him to scarf down some food, shower, and fall asleep so he can go and do it all over again.
I'm betting its going to be even worse with this new job. *sigh*

So many things to get to today - I better get off the computer.

No comments: