Sunday, July 1, 2007

TWO wins!!!!

Today the all star team captured their second win.

LQ started the game in the outfield. At the plate, she walked the first time up, and the second time she hit a single.
When her grandparents arrived, she sat for the next inning and a half. Then the coach threw her in for an at-bat and its a good thing they did. LQ hit a double and cleared the bases. Her hit enabled her team to score the runs that put the game out of reach for the other team.

I am SO proud of her!

I became really weepy after the game and everyone was clapping for her. I worried SO much about her not being able to hold her own or pull her weight with the team. She has exceeded all expectations, and turned herself into a clutch hitter. Every time they have really needed a hit- she's delivered it.

The next game is Tuesday night at 5:30.

I was able to get a media pass for the game, so I got to stand inside the lines to get photos. I just could not cheer, use my flash, talk to the coaches or players, or interfere.

I was able to do all of that until LQ hit that double :D

No comments: