Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Too much drama for me.....

I just called my mom to see how her trip went, and she won't pick up her phone. Its very unlike her to do that, so it kind of makes me wonder what's going on.

Okay, I don't have to wonder - I already know it has something to do with Dad's ashes.

ANYWAY....

Today we set out to run some errands. We hit the bread store and stocked up, then as we were on our way to the grocery store, we passed the park. Our friends were there, and so I asked the kids "Ya wanna play with Jacob and Amanda?" There was a chorus of "YEAAAAAH!!!!" from the back seats. So I turned around and pulled into the parking lot.

We sat in the park for about 2 1/2- 3 hours, then I told my friend we would have to go because the kids were probably getting hungry. She suggested we go get some pizza. I thought about it for a minute (been trying to cut down on unnecessary purchases because of the impending trip) but then I figured "Heck, why not?" and we went to gather the kids.
Turned out she was treating. I protested, but she wasn't having any of it. So we sat down and chatted while the kids ate their pizza. We were at the pizza place for well over an hour, and when I looked at my watch, it was already 2. Yikes! The kids did NOT want to part - especially mine, which are used to playing for hours and hours.

It was nice to meet up though - and well worth the pushing aside of errands. Tomorrow I am lucky because we will have another family come to visit, and then Thursday is of course park day.

Makes me realize that what I lack in extended family, I more than make up for it with my friends. And my family really, really sucks - so you can just guess how good my friends are, :D!

No comments: