Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Uhhhhh....still waiting

Hongo called this morning and was told that they were still working on it. Grrrr.

This just hasn't been a good week. I tried to get out of the house this morning but we made it to the end of the block before I turned back around because the kids were already acting up in the car. SO I said forget it, we'll go home and yall can be bored out of your little minds.

And they were. Today has been filled with crying, pouting, fighting....and that is just ME! (I'm kidding, I've been amazingly under control today)

And if I may have ONE whine today....I am sooooo tired of cleaning. Seriously - its like everyone forgot how to clean up after themselves. I spent an hour doing dishes last night, only to find that Hongo left his snack bowl, dinner plate, and favorite cup on his desk. DramaQueen had bowls in her room, and Lego Queen had a stash of water bottles. Hairy One still hasn't finished cleaning his room, and i can already see a few cups appearing from beneath the mess.
And if its not dishes, its clothes. And toys.
I have cleaned downstairs 3 times today, and everytime I go down, I find shoes, and books, and toys. And I yell upstairs for someone to come get them, and no one comes. So I tossed a book in the trash, and hid the shoes.
I must have told them 3 times to clean up after lunch. Each time something disappears, but stuff is still left behind!

I'm just tired of fighting today. And if the house isn't clean by 10am tomorrow, we won't be going to park. That's the rule. As much as it would suck for me, its still the rule I must stick by.

And if its not the kids picking up after themselves....its Hongo. I understand that he is stressed with this whole medical thing. I REALLY REALLY do. But he has just totally forgotten about being a neat and tidy person. I won't complain...at least not right now. But I can't keep doing this any longer.

On a brighter note, I did receive and read an email from a friend. She had read the blog and she was sending us her love and positive energy. I am so thankful to have people like her in my life. This has been such an emotional year with my family, and I hope that next year is brighter for us and that I have the opportunity to be there for my friends like they have been there for me.

And for those of you that were wondering - the final batch of cookies in now cooking in the oven. Yesterday's batch was such a hit I had to make more so I would have enough for tomorrow's potluck. I don't think we are going to bring any hotdogs to roast. I don't have skewers, and I am so clumsy that I would probably burn my hand or arm. Trust me, its better that I don't try to roast hotdogs without adult supervision.

The house is clean right now, but Hongo comes home in 10 minutes.....

4 comments:

bmarin said...

You have to go to Park! You know that is for the moms too. We need it. Think of something else to punish the kids with. Bionicle Boy would be so sad and so would Fergie!

Sancy said...

I'm still thinking about you! I'm on the band wagon with you about cleaning! I am SICK of laundry too!!

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you guys. Waiting is the worst. I agree- you have to come to park, no matter what. If it means that you get in there and do most of the cleaning, or that you agree to clean after park (just this once)- whatever it takes. You need to be with your friends today!

Kim said...

You ladies were SO right! I really enjoyed the Park today!


Sancy - I am the QUEEN of laundry! That is my forte! I'll come help you with the laundry if you come clean the Hairy One's room!

HA HA!