Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Field trip to the MINE....

We got up and headed out at 7:50 this morning. Stupid me left the directions on the kitchen island, but thankfully i looked over them before I went.

We arrived a little early and talked to some people. The kids were all worried that their friends weren't going to come. Trust me guys, they're coming.

The trip itself was very interesting - I managed to stay engaged the first hour. But when it came to the kids digging through the rocks, well I opted to sit on a rock. I was alraedy incredibly filthy, no need for me to roll around on the rocks.

The kids LOVED the trip. They want to go BACK! I think it also helped that LegoQueen already knew one of the people giving the tour (her friends' dad) so she wasnt really shy about asking questions and making comments. She said she learned a lot of new things about mining.

Here are some pictures:





And this is one the best ones - check out the kid rolling down the hill. Yup - that is LegoQueen's buddy.


As if a fun filled trip to the mine wasn't enough - we had softball practice thsi afternoon, with batting practice afterwards. I stink - I can hit the ball, but its always directly at someone.

*sigh*

I am looking forward to Park Day tomorrow. One of my friends can't make it - I am sure they will be missed (and they are probably totally bummed that they can't make it)

I am totally ready to crawl into bed....

1 comment:

bmarin said...

Ah man! You guys look like you were having so much fun. We really wanted to be there.