Friday, May 25, 2007

Unexpected....

Today I decided to take the kids out to the park. We went to the one that has the community center - I wanted to check on my missing glove (no, I haven't given up yet!)

So while we were in there, guess who walked in?

You'll never guess.....

Okay - I'll tell you. It was Abraham Lincoln! Actually, according to LegoQueen, it was a man DISGUISED as Abe. Yes, we are working on vocabulary, lol. We'll get it right eventually!

So apparently the junior high kids were doing a re-enactment of the Civil War. They had tents on the baseball fields, and there were a ton of Union Soldiers, and noticably lesser amount of Confederates. There were cannons, and I got the courage to walk over and ask if I could take a few pictures. I was in luck - they had forgotten their camera and i could take as many pics as I wanted, I just had to promise tosend a few to them so they could put them on their website.

I got quite a few nice ones, but these are my two favorites:




Overall it was very disorganized and my kids were disappointed. At the end the teachers decided that they didn't trust the kids not to hit each other with their rifles. So the COnfederates marched across the field and died along the way. Some refused to die, though - and thought they were cool. I was still trying to figure out why Abe was there....and to top it off, he kept hanging out on the confederate side.....
I was talking to a friend on the phone, and I told her that the kids in blue looked like they belonged in some kind of prison courtyard. They were pretty scary lookin - lol!

Tomorrow is my softball game - Hongo is going to take me early so that we can practice....okay so *I* can practice my hitting, lol.

I'm looking forward to a NICE holiday weekend.

1 comment:

bmarin said...

The pictures are great! Your post is so funny!