Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The yarn that aspires to become socks.....


I have learned 2 things while making this thing....

1. Always use a row counter - don't rely on your memory. You can ignore this if you intend on only having one foot covered.

2. Don't use the 1.99 yarn - splurge a little and get the $5 yarn with a 50% off coupon. *snicker*

While these were fun to knit, I am currently stuck, and will need to seek instruction from the highest yarn commander (my friend Khris) on what the heck to do next. She may tell me to rip it out and start over. I am actually okay with doing that, but I sure hope I don't have to. Do you know how long its taken me to get to this point? Not just with this, but with all my failed attempts along the way? I've ripped back a couple times though - what is one more? I am super excited though.

Tomorrow we are goin on a field trip to a mine. I forgot what kind of mine, but its not a coal mine, which makes me breathe a little easier. We are going with friends, and my kids are so excited. A mine? And friends!? Party!

It should make dragging them out of bed tomorrow a little bit easier.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks really good! Bring it tomorrow, and I can help you.
This article might help you with the next step:
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter04/FEATwin04TT.html
Oh- and it's a calcium carbonate mine :)

Lina said...

What mine is that? Is this organized by the homeschoolers? Very cool!