Monday, May 21, 2007

Why do I always pick the night time......

to practice my focus issues?

I took my camera to my softball game yesterday. I ended up scraping and bruising my elbow when I fell down trying to scoop a bad throw out of the dirt. So when I tried to hold the camera steady, my injured elbow couldn't hold the weight. The lighting outside was PERFECT, too. Bummer.
Hitting was not much better for me - I walked the first time up, struck out the second time, and lined out the third time. Ugh.

So anyway, I tried my focus last night. No one wanted to pose for me, so I grabbed one of Drama Queen's CPK dolls. Dumb doll wouldn't sit still......I'M KIDDING!!!! But the bad thing was is that DQ's room was like a cave.....I had my ISO up to 1600 and I ended up with a lot of noise in the pictures.

Hongo let me take a few pics of him, glaring at my camera while I snapped away. I'm just not getting the tilt of the camera right, so one eye is out of focus in each of them.
I have been expressly forbidden to post the results, doing so may cause involuntary single-ness.

Then tonight I dragged DQ into my room and made her sit for me. I got the cheesy grin and gigantic pupils because the lighting in my room STINKS. You can't even tell her eyes are blue in the pics.

Mondays are always a bad day for getting pictures. Today we went to the library, picked up some crickets on the way home, and we had T-Ball practice. I was also able to talk to the president of the Little League and his wife, and remind them that they promised me a few more games. I should have them by Wednesday, and that gives me extra opportunities for action shots.

Tomorrow's weather is forecasted to be nice - low 80's. So I think a trip to the park is in order, as well as a photo shoot. LegoQueen was wearing the CUTEST outfit today - picked out by yours truly. I know - i can't dress myself, but when it comes to dressing my kids I am awesome. It was one of those day where the conversation went like this:

LQ: Mommy, where is my blue shirt and plaid skirt?

Me: Didn't you wear those recently?

LQ: Its been like 3 days.

Me: Go wear something else! I'm tired of seeing that outfit, the brown capris, and the brown skirt!

LQ: But MOMMY, that is all I have!

Me: You've got to be kidding - you have clothes bursting out of the drawers in your room - you have more stuff than I do! You can't possibly be trying to tell me you have nothing else!

So after i went in her room and found shorts, gorgeous skirts that she never wears, a few nice blouses, I put together an outfit that I am sure I will see added into the 3 outfit rotation, LMAO.

Maybe I can find something just as cute for tomorrow.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can come practice your close up shots on m yarn anytime you want!

Kim said...

Hey - it doesn't move and I don't have to bribe it with candy.....that sounds like a perfect model!

We'll see if you even HAVE any yarn left to shoot the next time I see you. It goes through your shop so quickly!

Shannon said...

i demand pictures! it has been a while since we have seen new ones of the kids.