Sunday, May 6, 2007

A pretty flower


I was out taking pictures of my flowerbeds this afteroon...and they reminded me that they are in dire need of some TLC. However, I came upon this flower, It stood out above the rest. While the others looked tired and spent, this one looked fresh and ready to blossom. This one was taken in full sun, ISO 100, SS of 1/3200, f 2.2 with my 35mm lense (which I am STILL trying to master) .

Today I feel like that flower - fresh and ready to open up. I love Sundays - I look forward to starting the week off on the right foot, and forgetting about the pitfalls of last week. I would be lying if I said I wasn't still walking on clouds from our win Friday night. My girls brought their best game that night. Everyone was hitting (LegoQueen was actually swinging the bat!!!!) and LQ struck out 3 in two innings, which offset her walks. She allowed 6 runs in 2 innings, and the game ended 23-11 in our favor. My shortstop made an AWESOME play to first base, and my catcher finally found some aggressiveness hidden in her back pocket. She was chasing the runners back to third base, refusing to give them an inch.

Hmmm....maybe my adult team will find their game today, and we'll win too!

3 comments:

Sancy said...

That is a beautiful picture!!! Congrats on the win! :)

Anonymous said...

How did you do at the game? Your chin looks pretty bad. Hope it didn't hurt to much.

bmarin said...

Pretty rose picture. Also the kids look so cute being entertained by the washer!