Sunday, May 13, 2007

The world seems so big, yet it really is so small...

Yesterday was a really FUN day.

Hongo and I split up for the games, I took the morning game, and he was going to prep for the second, and we would meet up again at the second.

At the T-Ball game, It happened that one of my softball girls was watching it because a child from her church was playing our team. She came over and we talked for a bit, and then I didn't see her anymore. After the game, I was loading the kids into the car and her mom pulls up and asks if I would mind taking her daughter with me. Of course not! So she hopped in and we drove away.
Then at the softball game, one of my T-Ball kids and his parents came up to say hi. They were attending a birthday party at the same park. Too cool. They got to meet the girls and see how I am with older children. Its not all rainbows and butterflies in Little League, LOL!
The game was great - we lost, but it was an action packed game. LegoQueen was covering for my injured player at 1st base, and she did pretty well. She caught one, and made 2 plays at first. After the game, "the boys" stuck around and played Over the Line while I watched the kids. I talked to my 3rd base/pitcher for a while. She was asking a lot of questions, and some of them I had to think for a bit on how to answer tactfully. I try not to let the kids know which girls are not my favorites (I like them all but sometimes we just don't click, you know what I mean?) and so I think I did a pretty good job. I called my team mom to clarify times, and she said they would be late because they were having old neighbors over for a BBQ.

Then it was time for the game. This is when the worls just seems so small. We were there early, and waiting around for everyone else to arrive. They started walking down the aisle, and I had to do a double take. The "neighbors" happened to be one of the guys I coached with last year!!!!! Pat looked at me, then at Hongo, and then back at me. There was a whole lot of "I know you!" "You know them?" I didn't know you knew each other!"

That just made the evening SO much more relaxing. We did a whole lot of hugging and catching up and it was just really fun. It made the game that seemed like it would never end that much more bearable. My younger coach was trying to incite riots by rooting for the visiting team, and I leaned over and told him "When they come to beat you up, none of us have your back, okay?" Everyone laughed SO hard.

Lots of fun, and I loved the fireworks show! We are all going to get together again at the team party.

No comments: