Friday, May 11, 2007

Blood on my clothes that is not my own.......

Today we had an unfortunate accident at practice. We were winding down with some casual hitting, and one of my girls had a ball bouce up and hit her inthe face. Her nose was bleeding A LOT and her eye was swelled shut. Her parents were called, and I ran to get the first aid kit. I had blood all over my legs and my hands. Hongo had some on his shoes. It was awful.

If you could spare some good thoughts for Miss Cailey, I would appreciate it. She is an awesome kiddo, and I feel TERRIBLE. I do want to give kudos to the adults there. Everyone remained calm and took really good care of her until her parents arrived.

As for the rest of the day.....
This is a picture I took of DramaQueen just before we left for LegoClub. I was practicing shooting in harsh sunlight with poor results, and I brought her under the porch to get at least SOMETHING usable. This was taken with my 50mm lense, ISO 100 SS 1/640 f 3.2

We went to LegoClub today - I don't think I've laughed that hard in a LONG time. The conversations were all over the place, and it was nice to relax and just be friendly with people that I am comfortable with. Tomorrow we are going to a Minor League baseball game with my softball team, and I will have to make conversation with a lot of people I am not really familair with. I spend a lot of time with the girls....not the parents. I guess I am feeling a little nervous about being in a "social" situation.

But before we can get to that, we must get through two softball games. DQ and HB have their game at 11 and LegoQueen's is at 1. What we are going to do about food, I haven't a clue. We are going to have to do SOMETHING though.

Our practice went well - with the exception of the injury. The girls were having lots of fun, and since there were only 4 girls they each got a lot of personal attention and help with the skills they needed to work on.

I am exhausted. Time for bed.

4 comments:

Sancy said...

Great photo!!

bmarin said...

She looks beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photograph. I love it. She looks a bit more like you, ya know. :)

Kim said...

Thank you!!!