Sunday, June 3, 2007

The big day....

Today is our end of season team party for LegoQueen's team.

The DVD slideshow is finished, the potatoes for the potato salad are cooking, and two kids are bouncing off the walls with excitement.
We still have other things to get through first - we have our normal chores, and I have a softball game this morning.

Yesterday I was late to my kids' t-ball game. UGH. I could have sworn it was at 11:30, but when we arrived on the field, the kids were already out there. The game started at 11, and it was the ONE day that I didn't arrive 30 minutes early.
I have decided that for their team party, it will be pizza in the park with a few games after next weeks game. One parent offered to have us at their house, but there is just to much drama for this team.

So softball is pretty much over....we aren't going to do any organized sports for the summer, excpet Hongo and I will continue on our softball team. That season goes into July, then there is a month off for August (which is great because we have two birthdays in August) and then we start back up in September.
That is - if there even is a team to start back up with. Today the manager is going to check and see who is coming back and who is not. We already know one couple isn't coming back, and though I hate to be a meanie, I am glad. The woman didn't treat me very nicely when I first started, and her husband is the one who bruised my finger one week and hit me in the face the next. My team mom also will probably not play either due to her work schedule.
Soooooo, Hongo and I have been thinking up how to get a men's team together in case this one falls through. There would be no way to get a co-ed one going. We have 3 definites, and then I know a couple of guys who would be interested in playing, and it snowalls from there. They know guys, etc.
And wouldn't you know it - I just got me some new cleats on Sat! I have already been offered spots on two other teams, so I just won't be playing with Hongo. I told him I would manage his team too, LOL!

The weather up here is gorgeous in the morning. I have to remember to slather on the sunscreen, though - the sun is going to be beating down all day and I will be out in it. I debated on whether to bring my swimsuit, but decided against it. I will be watching out for the kids in the pool, so its best that I am looking down on the water.

No comments: