Thursday, June 28, 2007

Long Day, Short Blog...

Need I say more???

We were at Park all day, which was really nice and relaxing. Not a very big group, and there were no major problems with kids getting hurt or arguing with each other. We came home to change and unpack/repack the car, then headed off to softball practice.
The board members were busy trying to prep everything to start this weekend's tournament. There are two going on at the same time - Majors and Minors. Since I am no longer working it due to my daughter being on the team, they tried to find me a different spot to help out in.

Scorekeeper? Nope - don't know how to do it very well, ask me next year when I have had some practice

Snack Bar? Sorry, not with 3 kids running around

Umpire? Not certified.

Pitch Counter? Sure! I know how to count, just as long as I don't have to go over 100.

I'm kidding, lol.

Anyhow, I watched the practice, becoming irritated more and more. LQ did VERY well though - she didn't miss many balls and she hustled out on the field. She was getting confused with the base running, part of it is her fault, but I also blame the base coach for failing to instruct properly. I wish Hongo would be a base coach, he is SO good at that kind of stuff.

After practice was over, the manager asked Hongo if LQ could stay after and pitch. Hongo said no, he wanted to go home and eat since he hadn't been home all day. I wasn't there, but I assume the manager didn't argue (which he's kind of known to do)
He probably would have tried to press me to stay, but I am pretty sure I would have said no too.
For us, it boils down to what is best for our kids. I don't like them eating dinner late at night. It gives them all digestion problems. So I try to feed them a small snack if I know they are going to be out late, and then a light dinner after we get home. Or we eat dinner first, then a light snack after a game. Tonight I had already planned on snack, then dinner. If she had stayed, dinner would not have been until 8:30. Right now its 10:30 and they are still all awake. They need to go to sleep!

Tomorrow is another full day for us. We have practice again at 10:00am and it will be a "fun" practice, complete with pizza, drinks, and water balloons. Then we come home and change, run our errands, then go to a pool party. Then we come home, change again, have dinner, then I am taking LQ to go see part of a tournament game. She can't stay TOOO late, because then she has to go home and get ready for bed. Her tournament game starts at 10:30am. The ILS are coming to watch, so we'll probably have lunch with them too.

I talked to one of my assistant coaches, and he has almost enough players to get a men's softball team together. We just need like 2 more guys, so I'll be on the phone again tomorrow trying to drum some up.

Goodnight!

No comments: