Tuesday, June 19, 2007

We made it to the regular dr today.

First off, I just want to say I love our dr and he can never retire because he is just super awesome with a killer sense of humor. He was telling us that for Fathers' Day he took all his grandkids to Disneyland and what kind of backasswards present was that?? He treated THEM! Where was his grand day to be taken care of like women get on Mothers' Day? He also had the nerve to say "homie" when talking about the guy that does CT scans at the local clinic. He's an older white dude - his nurse told him he had no business using the word "homie". I think his exact words to the patient were "Go down and see my homie at Millenium. He'll hook you up." *snort*n

What a riot. He also told Hongo that he needs to stay off the WebMD and think positive.

As for what is wrong with Hongo - the dr thinks that he has sleep apnea. That concurs with the fact that I have been telling Hongo for MONTHS that he stops breathing in the middle of the night sometimes and there have been nights where I lie awake and listen to make sure he's not dying on me.
After looking in his mouth, the dr said there is excess tissue there and it is a wonder that Hongo can even breathe at night at all - there is very little space for air to travel through. Due to Hongo's perpetual state of nasal congestion, breathing through his mouth is his only option.

So......

Hongo has to go away and sleep somewhere all hooked up to machines. Depending on how severe it is, it could be treated simply by getting a new bed or sleep position, some kind of sleep machine, or surgery to remove the excess tissue.
I am worried about the two latter options, so I've been trying to get as much info about them as possible.

Hongo was sent for bloodwork, and we should receive our info about where he is going to go sleep sometime this week.

I just wanted to say thanks for the thoughts and concern that everyone gave. It means alot , and I know our family has used up a lot of good thoughts and prayers this year.

Still trying to get a list of things to do while the kids are gone. I will probably finish up some home repairs and painting. Maybe a little gardening....
I finally got my stove sparkly clean - I used some stuff that is similar to Comet in texture, but without the abrasiveness (is that a word?) It works GREAT! No streaks (a HUGE thing for me) and NO RESIDUE! I am going to send some to my mother in law because she has the hardest time keeping her glass top stove clean. And my MIL is really anal about her kitchen - I know this will give her one less thing to stress about.

On another positive note, I think I am down another pant size. The numebr on the scale hasn't budged, but I took a pair of shorts straight out of the dryer, and they were loose already. I didn't have to stretch them out. Yay! That is enough to get me motivated to exercise more often.

1 comment:

bmarin said...

So glad it is something that can be taken care of! When is he going away to the sleep study?