Thursday, June 21, 2007

Oh man....what a long day....

This morning I checked my email (after sleeping in because I thought I had enough time to) and saw that Park Day had been moved up an hour to 11 am. Well, I KNOW that it doesn't matter what time we get there, we're going to be there for hours, but I happen to LOVE Park Day so much that I feel the more park the better!

So I made all the kids get up and hurry to do their chores, I passed on cardio exercise to shave 1/2 hour off, and instead of loading the crockpot - I opted for a box meal instead.

Ahhhhhhhh.....I love Park.

We stayed longer than we should have, and had barely enough time to hit the grocery store, come home, change, make dinner, repack the car and head off to LegoQueen's softball practice.

To sit for another 2 1/2 hours. I didn't bring proper shoes, so Hongo and I couldn't even play catch.

Watching those girls today shows me that LegoQueen has a LONG way to go and improve. But at the same time *I* know how far she has come already, and so while it looks like I am proud of a not-so-talented child, I am actually proud of a child who has worked hard all season long to improve. I see the other parents sigh when she does something wrong. I thought it would bother me a lot, but I realize its not, actually.

Because all I ask of her is to try hard and do her best, and that is exactly what she does.

Hongo was playing catch with DramQueen and he said "She's going to be better than LQ." And she probably will be - no doubt. She is naturally coordinated, whereas LQ is not. LQ can trip and fall while she is walking. But her clumsiness is endearing, she reminds me a a certain person I know who grew too much too fast and was never graceful as a child....or as an adult. *wink* It doesn't mean she can never be great at softball, it just means she has to work a little harder to meet her goals.

Tomorrow I will take her out and buy her some batting gloves. Then we'll go to the park and work on her hitting and her pitching, trying to bridge the gap as much as possible.

She IS playing in the tournament in our town, I just don't have a definite day of when it will start. I drew up a training plan for 1 week, but hopefully she'll get an extra week if the tournament gets pushed back.

No comments: